What did you do with your chickens today?

I attempted to hand feed a couple of our skittish hens.. they're terrified of the head hen of our flock, so still not used to it! Hopefully they'll warm up to us soon. :fl
Wow, nice! My chickens will only eat out of my hands if it's a tomato. :lau Took them forever to warm up to us. Maybe try sitting in there with mealworms in your hand to get them used to you.

Oh, well that must work!!! I've NEVER seen a chick so massive
I forgot to mention that the soaked and fermented seed (scratch mix) became just dry sractch mix when they were bigger. They get this morning and night, along with some dried mealworms. Mainly because they aren't getting as much foraging as I'd like. We are on constant wedgetail eagle alert. They have playpen access only under supervision.
1713582562243.png

Today I am giving the flock the spoils of my trip to the grocery store yesterday! I asked the produce manager if our local grocery store what they do with the scraps they don’t sell… they put them on a rack outside for anyone to take! There was nothing wrong with any of my finds. So the flock is getting:
- kale
-parsley
-tomato
-plum
-broccoli
-basil
-peppers
-cabbage
I’m so excited to check these totes daily now

IMG_7056.jpeg

A Light Sussex mumma called “Cleopatra” and her Coronation chicks: Eidelweiss, Snowflake, Misty, Smudge and Butterbean.
Here is a photo of their new pen and clean coop. If you zoom in on the sign on coop, you may get a laugh. My elderly funny dad bought it for us. They are much bigger now than the photo with their mum. The last most recent photo is a chick up close and from yesterday afternoon. It’s autumn here in Australia but everything is green due to warm weather and lots of rain.

Attachments

• IMG_2612.jpeg
    IMG_2612.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2613.jpeg
    IMG_2613.jpeg
    889.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2361.jpeg
    IMG_2361.jpeg
    764.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2605.jpeg
    IMG_2605.jpeg