What did you do with your chickens today?

today I had to help my Polish roo off the roost because he always gets up there and is scared to get down *big chicken*, help a half-blind chicken down *I don't know how she gets up there in the first place*, and gave them some scratch grains.
Hmmmm magic chicken?
*Note: My single white Leghorn, Astrid, sneezes like crazy every single time I throw scratch for them because the dust gets in her nose XD I was actually worried for respiratory reasons, but she seems totally fine so its very funny*
Chickens sneezing is the weirdest yet funniest thing šŸ˜‚

A Light Sussex mumma called ā€œCleopatraā€ and her Coronation chicks: Eidelweiss, Snowflake, Misty, Smudge and Butterbean.
Here is a photo of their new pen and clean coop. If you zoom in on the sign on coop, you may get a laugh. My elderly funny dad bought it for us. They are much bigger now than the photo with their mum. The last most recent photo is a chick up close and from yesterday afternoon. Itā€™s autumn here in Australia but everything is green due to warm weather and lots of rain.

Attachments

• IMG_2612.jpeg
    IMG_2612.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2613.jpeg
    IMG_2613.jpeg
    889.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2361.jpeg
    IMG_2361.jpeg
    764.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2605.jpeg
    IMG_2605.jpeg
    487.6 KB · Views: 2
A Light Sussex mumma called ā€œCleopatraā€ and her Coronation chicks: Eidelweiss, Snowflake, Misty, Smudge and Butterbean.
Here is a photo of their new pen and clean coop. If you zoom in on the sign on coop, you may get a laugh. My elderly funny dad bought it for us. They are much bigger now than the photo with their mum. The last most recent photo is a chick up close and from yesterday afternoon. Itā€™s autumn here in Australia but everything is green due to warm weather and lots of rain.
Ooh, that a pretty bird! And a massive chick

Yea I thought she was pretty massive for 5 weeks too. But I wasnā€™t sure as I donā€™t have anything to compare them to. They are are a medium- large chicken anyway.

It seems to have worked!! The chicks I've had since January aren't as big as that!!
What breed are yours though?
(I do find that regular mealworms and regular scratch mix assists growth- usually twice daily for scratch and once for protein. I actually bought a mealworm pod today so I can raise my own). Maybe you can try adding this to your chicks diet and observe any observable differences- such as feathering up quicker and rate of growth.

Back
Top Bottom