What did you do with your flock today?

I had a pretty big day doing stuff for the chooks. Beside the usual chores, I finished tacking in the 2x4 wire into the frames for our front lanai gates so the chicken mob does not come up and steal cat food and leave poop and make DH mad any more.
View attachment 2581433

Then DH and I installed. How's that hardware?!!View attachment 2581434

They match the one we built for the back lanai. That one works... pretty good :hmmView attachment 2581437View attachment 2581438View attachment 2581436

DH started my double bachelor coop and he is on a roll. Usually I am left to fend for myself with my builds so I am digging the help. Tomorrow I'll put the wire and build doors if it does not rain, then roof. Another week maybe and most exciting!!! I have a few handsome boys who are going to love the upgrade.
View attachment 2581435
That is a very nice job!

Aloha chicken people, happy Monday to all! Been busy all last week with start of bachelor coop, wounded but in recovery Mazie, then my flock had mites and then we got raided by mosquitoes... oh, and a few chooks got the sniffles. Man, raising a couple of chickens really should not be this hard right?!! But the light at the end of my tunnel- Coop is pau, mites are gone, Mazie is looking really good today and the vitamins in the water seems to have done the trick with the outbreak of sniffles. Yippee!!! 20210329_080222.jpg
When picking up the sand and compost for the floor of the bach pad I spotted a tiny kitten who barely had any energy to escape a could be predator/me and then slipped behind a small log next to it's sibling. I immediately scooped them both up and they now have food and warmth in my top brooder. I will find them a good home when the time comes.

20210327_171647.jpg 20210327_153332~2.jpg
Also cut a bunch of juicy grass for the chickens so they can pick the seeds and have their favorite nesting material.
20210327_153229~2.jpg
Letting them pick through as it dries. Love the entertainment value especially with spring in the air and my chickens being a little trouble ruckus-ey right now. 20210329_080152.jpg
20210328_154646.jpg
My egg count is through the roof and was able to make a couple of quiches with plenty left over to share with neighbors!
Today is the clean up of all things not in their place. I need to figure how I am going to run the perches and roosts for the bach coop and find some good branches for the task.
We have more flash flood warnings for our North Shore but here on the Westside we are just pleasantly cloudy w/ light sprinkles. Perfect working weather.

K. have a great day all, I hope you find some time to have good fun playing with your chooks!!! 🌴 :frow

Aloha chicken people, happy Monday to all! Been busy all last week with start of bachelor coop, wounded but in recovery Mazie, then my flock had mites and then we got raided by mosquitoes... oh, and a few chooks got the sniffles. Man, raising a couple of chickens really should not be this hard right?!! But the light at the end of my tunnel- Coop is pau, mites are gone, Mazie is looking really good today and the vitamins in the water seems to have done the trick with the outbreak of sniffles. Yippee!!!View attachment 2590673
When picking up the sand and compost for the floor of the bach pad I spotted a tiny kitten who barely had any energy to escape a could be predator/me and then slipped behind a small log next to it's sibling. I immediately scooped them both up and they now have food and warmth in my top brooder. I will find them a good home when the time comes.

View attachment 2590671View attachment 2590670
Also cut a bunch of juicy grass for the chickens so they can pick the seeds and have their favorite nesting material.
View attachment 2590669
Letting them pick through as it dries. Love the entertainment value especially with spring in the air and my chickens being a little trouble ruckus-ey right now. View attachment 2590672
View attachment 2590720
My egg count is through the roof and was able to make a couple of quiches with plenty left over to share with neighbors!
Today is the clean up of all things not in their place. I need to figure how I am going to run the perches and roosts for the bach coop and find some good branches for the task.
We have more flash flood warnings for our North Shore but here on the Westside we are just pleasantly cloudy w/ light sprinkles. Perfect working weather.

K. have a great day all, I hope you find some time to have good fun playing with your chooks!!! 🌴 :frow
Those kitties are the cutest!!! 😍 I bet they’d make great mousers.

Our eggs are overflowing too. I’m pretty sure my neighbors are getting sick of eggs.

My husband said "NO! Your not going to bring them home!!" Then, "OK, but not in the house!!!" Now he goes out to visit them in the brooder. lol. Such a softie. But we have 2 cats already and only one is a mouser or more of a birder now days, the other is just phat. Oh the drama 2 kittens would bring would be too much I think. My phat cat would never forgive me. I am actually trying to talk my son into taking them he he. He lives behind us so I could visit lots :D and they could catch our mice too! I'd really love that, I'm such a sucker for kitties.

My daughter and I cleaned out the chicken coops and my 2 Silkie roosters who are joined at the hip like brothers LOVE to get in the clean coops, root around like pigs, throw hay on themselves and make these crazy purring, screeching noises to each other and the flock while nesting in the boxes like my hens do🤣😂.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210329-200309.jpg
    Screenshot_20210329-200309.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20210329-200246.jpg
    Screenshot_20210329-200246.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom