What did you do with your flock today?

Uh oh. Do I need to worry about this?
Since the egg is nicely shaped it sound like she passed it fine!

I have gotten two of these over the years and both of them lived. They did not lay eggs anymore though

Since the egg is nicely shaped it sound like she passed it fine!

I have gotten two of these over the years and both of them lived. They did not lay eggs anymore though
She’s old & very rarely lays. This thing was hard, like concrete or stucco & hallow in the middle. It didn’t seem at all lash like.

Can the consistency of a lash egg very that dramatically? I thought they were all solid & rubbery.

She’s old & very rarely lays. This thing was hard, like concrete or stucco & hallow in the middle. It didn’t seem at all lash like.

Can the consistency of a lash egg very that dramatically? I thought they were all solid & rubbery.
They can be hard and hollow. They are not always the same and sometimes they are wrapped with the lining of the reproductive system too.

I hope she is ok!

These are all the peeps this morning still cannot fathom I have not lost one new silkie :wee
001.jpg
001.jpg
006.jpg
008.jpg

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I've been working with my quail to see if I can make them friendlier. It started out as a complete accident after feeding them live mealworms, but now they actually run up to the door when someone opens it. Yesterday I was able to hold one of them for a record of 5-10 seconds before she started squirming. :yesss: They've always been pretty feral, so this is a huge achievement. XD

The other day I found out how Os likes to be held. I always thought she was unfriendly, because she would never approach me and would always run away if she was on my lap and I was gently petting her, but after she was being really obnoxious (Trying to squirm between me and the back of my chair, which I now realize was her way of trying to get attention) I actually had my arms wrapped around her and she snuggled up and fell asleep almost instantly. I feel really bad that it took me a year to figure this out, but better late than never I guess.

I've been working with my quail to see if I can make them friendlier. It started out as a complete accident after feeding them live mealworms, but now they actually run up to the door when someone opens it. Yesterday I was able to hold one of them for a record of 5-10 seconds before she started squirming. :yesss: They've always been pretty feral, so this is a huge achievement. XD

The other day I found out how Os likes to be held. I always thought she was unfriendly, because she would never approach me and would always run away if she was on my lap and I was gently petting her, but after she was being really obnoxious (Trying to squirm between me and the back of my chair, which I now realize was her way of trying to get attention) I actually had my arms wrapped around her and she snuggled up and fell asleep almost instantly. I feel really bad that it took me a year to figure this out, but better late than never I guess.
My Quail are getting friendlier as they get older

Back
Top Bottom