What did you do with your flock today?

Afternoon! We had soccer games this morning, and now we are headed to the Bay Area for a wedding so the poor chickens are penned up till tomorrow. I feel bad for them! We had to submit our proof of vaccination to attend, so I guess that helps but I’m not very excited 😜 I’m not a big fan of weddings…forced small talk with a bunch of people you don’t know and uncomfortable in clothes I never wear. But it is nice to be wearing clothes and makeup for a change. Have a good Saturday!
I feel your pain- you have expressed it so well lol.
Well, I hope you have a good time knowing it is not very often you need to do one of those and I hope all are well and safe. And a long happy marriage to the intendeds.

Aloha all, happy Sunday!
My little sick hen is doing only OK. I am syringe feeding her trying to get her over that hump. Hemp protein, egg, papaya, vitamins w/ colloidal silver and antibiotic/amoxi. I guess the next few days will say a lot. I will add soft feed to that mix in the next day though she seems to like the aftertaste of the recipe now. Thoughts PJ? ♡

Brought Bolt home yesterday morning. New folks neighbor complained about the noise so I brought him home. Too bad because they love him and are a fabulous home but to keep the peace, that is the way it went. Now he has been crowing almost nonstop since 4:30. I have waaaaaaay too many roos and am thinking about culling. It is fricken loud with my boys sounding at all of the neighborhood feral roos. Too much, but I don't think I have a way around this one.
This def puts me off any more hatching for awhile.
A gal is HOPEFULLY going to show up to pick up her batch and that will hopefully relieve some of the pressure. She is kinda slow to show or not real great at showing when planned. 🙄🙄🙄 but a super busy and wonderful gal so... it's kind of ok. Lol
No 2x4 welded wire at HD so I have just been opening up the run and giving them all space to keep peace in the yard as opposed to using garden and keeping more contained.
Well, better get to cleaning the coops, freshening stuffs and transfering littles to the outside brooder. PJ did send a good rain our way early this morning! Big mahalos PJ ♡ we got about 3/4".
Bath and disenfect day for the kittens, laundry etc.
Still waiting on pullets first eggs...

Culling Roos is not fun but heck ....
I make pretty great cheese, egg mcmuffin with sausage or bacon
005.jpg

Currently getting cuddles from my new babies.
View attachment 2896942View attachment 2896943
And from the other day where horses were being discussed this is mine and my bottle kid.
View attachment 2896948View attachment 2896950View attachment 2896952
I am in love with your ducklings! 😍😍 I never got to experience the duckling stage with mine, so please don’t be shy with the duckling pics.
That goat (sheep?) is awesome! Does it always hang out like that?
I don't have time for a whole essay.
At-cha-cha-cha-cha-cha-cha.
I do hope your weekend is good.
Love the guineas!
Couldn't find a drake and a chook at lock up the other night. Still haven't turned up so I'm thinking a fox got them. Not too happy. We weren't keeping the drake but he was purebred Indian runner so I could've got a bit for him.
Oh no. :( I’m sorry you lost them. Still no signs of them showing up?
Aloha all, happy Sunday!
My little sick hen is doing only OK. I am syringe feeding her trying to get her over that hump. Hemp protein, egg, papaya, vitamins w/ colloidal silver and antibiotic/amoxi. I guess the next few days will say a lot. I will add soft feed to that mix in the next day though she seems to like the aftertaste of the recipe now. Thoughts PJ? ♡

Brought Bolt home yesterday morning. New folks neighbor complained about the noise so I brought him home. Too bad because they love him and are a fabulous home but to keep the peace, that is the way it went. Now he has been crowing almost nonstop since 4:30. I have waaaaaaay too many roos and am thinking about culling. It is fricken loud with my boys sounding at all of the neighborhood feral roos. Too much, but I don't think I have a way around this one.
This def puts me off any more hatching for awhile.
A gal is HOPEFULLY going to show up to pick up her batch and that will hopefully relieve some of the pressure. She is kinda slow to show or not real great at showing when planned. 🙄🙄🙄 but a super busy and wonderful gal so... it's kind of ok. Lol
No 2x4 welded wire at HD so I have just been opening up the run and giving them all space to keep peace in the yard as opposed to using garden and keeping more contained.
Well, better get to cleaning the coops, freshening stuffs and transfering littles to the outside brooder. PJ did send a good rain our way early this morning! Big mahalos PJ ♡ we got about 3/4".
Bath and disenfect day for the kittens, laundry etc.
Still waiting on pullets first eggs...
I hope your girl feels better soon!
Culling Roos is not fun but heck ....
I make pretty great cheese, egg mcmuffin with sausage or bacon View attachment 2898399
You should submit that into the the egg sandwich competition!

Back
Top Bottom