What did you do with your flock today?

I am in love with your ducklings! šŸ˜šŸ˜ I never got to experience the duckling stage with mine, so please donā€™t be shy with the duckling pics.
That goat (sheep?) is awesome! Does it always hang out like that?

Oh no. :( Iā€™m sorry you lost them. Still no signs of them showing up?
I wonā€™t. I love showing them off. My broody duck is due a week from now so should have some more to show off soon. Goat. His names Dusty after Slim Dusty. The lamb is Kenny after Kenny Rogers. Give you 3 tries to guess what kind of music I listen to! Yes, heā€™s a bit painful but the horse doesnā€™t seem to mind. She stands beside the upturned trough and gets him to stand on her back. Sheā€™s always been good with the lambs and I think sheā€™s adopted Dusty. Thatā€™s fine by me, he might be a bit quieter when I leave him in the paddock.

We went for a walk last night and found whatā€™s left of my chook in front of a fox den. No foxes in there but now I know where he is I can get rid of him. Also found out weā€™re missing a goose so weā€™ve gotta get rid of that fox ASAP.

1636940513803.png

Thank you PJ. Gunna ask you to send your rain this way more often. You have been generous šŸŒ§šŸŒ§šŸŒ§

I wonā€™t. I love showing them off. My broody duck is due a week from now so should have some more to show off soon. Goat. His names Dusty after Slim Dusty. The lamb is Kenny after Kenny Rogers. Give you 3 tries to guess what kind of music I listen to! Yes, heā€™s a bit painful but the horse doesnā€™t seem to mind. She stands beside the upturned trough and gets him to stand on her back. Sheā€™s always been good with the lambs and I think sheā€™s adopted Dusty. Thatā€™s fine by me, he might be a bit quieter when I leave him in the paddock.

We went for a walk last night and found whatā€™s left of my chook in front of a fox den. No foxes in there but now I know where he is I can get rid of him. Also found out weā€™re missing a goose so weā€™ve gotta get rid of that fox ASAP.
Oh dear! Iā€™m somewhat glad I live in a more suburban neighborhood when I read all these posts about all the predators you deal with! I spend enough time stressing about hawks and rats and thatā€™s about all we deal with around here. Occasionally a skunk or possumā€¦but otherwise itā€™s pretty safe (knock on wood indefinitely!!) So sorry you lost some of your babies! I hope youā€™re able to solve the Fox issue before you lose any others!

I too love pics of ducklings!! Goats, sheep, horses, kitties! Bring them all :)

Well the wedding was fine, but pretty much as expected šŸ˜† Worst part was that it was a evening wedding and my son was toast by about 9 pm and we didnā€™t get fed till 8:30, so he almost fell asleep in his pizza! Very tired today and have huge blisters on my heels from the fancy shoes! šŸ˜©

Got home around noon and let the chickens out, they were all sorts of feisty! But I discovered new issuesā€¦I suppose this is just going to be my life with chickens. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve mentioned that my flock was exposed to MG and infectious bronchitis virus from a pullet I brought home back in July. I quarantined but still being new and having kids that do stuff whether you want them to or notā€¦it wasnā€™t done well enough and it spread it to all the chickens :-( So my vet helped me treat them all for the MG, and said that the IBV would be around for as long as these chickens live, so I just need to manage their stressors and hope they can fight it. :-( Super depressing and of course I feel like an awful chicken momā€¦but I foolishly thought she was sniffly because the air quality was horrific from the fires :-(

So on that note, I found another of my chickens has a big not emptying crop indicating a blockageā€¦and since Iā€™m pretty sure you canā€™t catch a blockageā€¦it makes me wonder if its actually related to their illness thatā€™s slowing down their gastrointestinal process? I have noted that all being a bit sniffly and the vet said there isnā€™t a lot I can do for it, since itā€™s a virus, so I didnā€™t think they were related issues. So I decided to start them all on Tylosin and gave Brad (the new crop issue pullet) the meds I was giving Newbell. I also noticed Fuzzy is sick and one of her eyes is sort of puffyā€¦Iā€™m wondering if all this was triggered by our huge rain event that soaked everything to the bone! Ugh!! Anyway, theyā€™re now going to be on antibiotics and hopefully show signs of improvement before we leave for Disneyworld next Sunday. šŸ˜ž Iā€™m gonna worry about them the whole time! :-( On the bright side, Newbell looks a LOT better today and her crop felt almost normal tonight, so the meds are working. No one has shown outward signs of being sick other than sneezy snifflesā€¦they all eat, drink, forage, and poop like normal chickensā€¦so Iā€™m hoping I caught it soon enough to get them back to feeling better! Poor chickies šŸ˜©šŸ˜©

Iā€™m sorry. ā˜¹ļø I hope youā€™re able to get rid of the foxes.
Well the wedding was fine, but pretty much as expected šŸ˜† Worst part was that it was a evening wedding and my son was toast by about 9 pm and we didnā€™t get fed till 8:30, so he almost fell asleep in his pizza! Very tired today and have huge blisters on my heels from the fancy shoes! šŸ˜©

Got home around noon and let the chickens out, they were all sorts of feisty! But I discovered new issuesā€¦I suppose this is just going to be my life with chickens. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve mentioned that my flock was exposed to MG and infectious bronchitis virus from a pullet I brought home back in July. I quarantined but still being new and having kids that do stuff whether you want them to or notā€¦it wasnā€™t done well enough and it spread it to all the chickens :-( So my vet helped me treat them all for the MG, and said that the IBV would be around for as long as these chickens live, so I just need to manage their stressors and hope they can fight it. :-( Super depressing and of course I feel like an awful chicken momā€¦but I foolishly thought she was sniffly because the air quality was horrific from the fires :-(

So on that note, I found another of my chickens has a big not emptying crop indicating a blockageā€¦and since Iā€™m pretty sure you canā€™t catch a blockageā€¦it makes me wonder if its actually related to their illness thatā€™s slowing down their gastrointestinal process? I have noted that all being a bit sniffly and the vet said there isnā€™t a lot I can do for it, since itā€™s a virus, so I didnā€™t think they were related issues. So I decided to start them all on Tylosin and gave Brad (the new crop issue pullet) the meds I was giving Newbell. I also noticed Fuzzy is sick and one of her eyes is sort of puffyā€¦Iā€™m wondering if all this was triggered by our huge rain event that soaked everything to the bone! Ugh!! Anyway, theyā€™re now going to be on antibiotics and hopefully show signs of improvement before we leave for Disneyworld next Sunday. šŸ˜ž Iā€™m gonna worry about them the whole time! :-( On the bright side, Newbell looks a LOT better today and her crop felt almost normal tonight, so the meds are working. No one has shown outward signs of being sick other than sneezy snifflesā€¦they all eat, drink, forage, and poop like normal chickensā€¦so Iā€™m hoping I caught it soon enough to get them back to feeling better! Poor chickies šŸ˜©šŸ˜©
Thatā€™s awful, Iā€™m sorry youā€™re having to deal with that.
Iā€™m glad Newbell is better. Hopefully the meds help everyone else.

Iā€™m sorry. ā˜¹ļø I hope youā€™re able to get rid of the foxes.

Thatā€™s awful, Iā€™m sorry youā€™re having to deal with that.
Iā€™m glad Newbell is better. Hopefully the meds help everyone else.
Thanks, itā€™s a real bummer and I spend a lot of time in denial that itā€™s not potentially worse than Iā€™m hoping it is šŸ˜© I just love them so šŸ˜¢ So fingers crossed the meds do their magic šŸ¤žšŸ»

Yesterday the birds got a lot of random scraps. They all got to try a banana for the first time, and the general consensus is that no one liked it. šŸ¤£ I got 15 of the chickens and at least one duck to try a bite.
Poor Nugget will probably never try anything new I give her again, Watson liked it when it was in teensy tiny little specks, Iris went into temporary shock when he took a bite and it was mushy, but I think it grew on him.
The sapphire gems really liked it for a bit, but got bored, the SFs took one bite and decided it was too tropical.

Elphie didnā€™t like the flavor, but itā€™s one of the only snacks she can eat, so she ate it anyway. Papa ate it and hated every bite of it, but since she finished the lettuce before hand, she kept eating it and just got angrier with every bite. XD
Molly wouldnā€™t even try it, so sheā€™s the only smart one. XD everyone else took a bite and moved on with their lives.
There was still 1/3 of the banana left when they decided they were all bored.

Yesterday the birds got a lot of random scraps. They all got to try a banana for the first time, and the general consensus is that no one liked it. šŸ¤£ I got 15 of the chickens and at least one duck to try a bite.
Poor Nugget will probably never try anything new I give her again, Watson liked it when it was in teensy tiny little specks, Iris went into temporary shock when he took a bite and it was mushy, but I think it grew on him.
The sapphire gems really liked it for a bit, but got bored, the SFs took one bite and decided it was too tropical.

Elphie didnā€™t like the flavor, but itā€™s one of the only snacks she can eat, so she ate it anyway. Papa ate it and hated every bite of it, but since she finished the lettuce before hand, she kept eating it and just got angrier with every bite. XD
Molly wouldnā€™t even try it, so sheā€™s the only smart one. XD everyone else took a bite and moved on with their lives.
There was still 1/3 of the banana left when they decided they were all bored.
Thatā€™s so funny, my rooster and a couple of my pullets will eat all of the banana out of the salads I make them first and so I have to bring a second banana out to add to the mix after they get their share and the young pullets are allowed to eat just so they can have some šŸ˜† sounds like it was fun to watch haha!

:th

Back
Top Bottom