What did you do with your flock today?

Yay Becky!! I just love it when their feathers are so shiny and soft and pretty! :love
Me too! Beckett has just enough broody juice in her to make her all bouncy. It’s so cute! 😍
The are very pretty after a molt!
Yes! I’ll have to see if I can get a picture of her tomorrow, and if not I’ll get one this weekend. Beigie is also looking really good, which is pretty much a first, the poor girl.
Aloha gang! I rehomed 3 cockerels last eve! :woot man it was getting brutal here at the mini farm. Drama and noise was just too much. Enjoying the calm. I have at least 4 more to go but at least they are not crowing... yet.
View attachment 2901402I think this one is quite the looker so my old farts better behave or they will get traded. Maybe.View attachment 2901403
And just a quick shot of the littles cuz chicks are always wonderful to see. I must add that this is right b4 I put them in their outside brooder and cleaned their sleeping quarters.
:sick
View attachment 2901404
Found this. Hope this is it. :fl
Buff who was down has responded to the syringe feeding etc very well and is almost 100% thank goodness. All the rest of gals are great and the egg machine is kicking back into gear. Just a few molting stragglers. So, we shall see... who and what did this.
Congrats on rehoming the cockerels!

The boy in the first pic is so gorgeous! 😍 He’s got so many beautiful colors, and I love the fluffy cheeks and feet.
I love the chick pics!

I’m glad to hear Buff is doing better. Whatever that is, it looks disgusting. 🤢
Oh my, he is really pretty!! I love his coloring! Did you keep him?

Hehe, always include pics of baby chicks! They’re adorable 🥰

Oh dear, that doesn’t look good 😣 I’m glad Buff is getting better! I hope she stays that way!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

My Newbell is back to normal, yay!! Brad looked significantly better today although she’s still backed up. She’s shockingly thin too which I hadn’t noticed…so I’m guessing it’s been slowly getting worse and went unnoticed. Poor girl is also at the very bottom of the pecking order so she only gets to eat when they’re all done. I’ve started giving treats in several locations so I can ensure she gets some, and I gave her scrambled eggs by herself so she could have all she needs. I feel bad I hadn’t noticed 😩 I also found little red mites on me today…so I’m gonna have to treat again for those too! Sighhh chickens just can’t catch a break man!
I’m sorry you’re having to deal with mites on top of everything else. That really sucks. :hugs But I’m happy to hear Newbell and Brad are starting to get better! I’m sure she’s loving the extra snacks.

My Newbell is back to normal, yay!! Brad looked significantly better today although she’s still backed up. She’s shockingly thin too which I hadn’t noticed…so I’m guessing it’s been slowly getting worse and went unnoticed. Poor girl is also at the very bottom of the pecking order so she only gets to eat when they’re all done. I’ve started giving treats in several locations so I can ensure she gets some, and I gave her scrambled eggs by herself so she could have all she needs. I feel bad I hadn’t noticed 😩 I also found little red mites on me today…so I’m gonna have to treat again for those too! Sighhh chickens just can’t catch a break man
Oh gosh, you all are getting challenged! Sorry to hear. But you will get ahead of it :hugs You are a really good, loving chicken mama. One step at a time, one bug at a time.
I know when I get blasted with multiple chicken problems (and I do often) I really question myself and my keeping practices. Seems like everyone else has these picture perfect flocks cept me 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ how & why does this happen?! Then I get ahead of it all, learned a bunch and we are all better. I wonder if my chickens worry about me the way I do about them? 🤔🤔🤔 Like mom, you're hair is a mess are you molting?! Need some protein snacks?! Let me run to the store and get you vitamins for your water!!! Time to trim your toenails! There must be some product I have not purchased for you yet to make you perfect and happy :th... chickens 🙄 gotta love them.

Oh gosh, you all are getting challenged! Sorry to hear. But you will get ahead of it :hugs You are a really good, loving chicken mama. One step at a time, one bug at a time.
I know when I get blasted with multiple chicken problems (and I do often) I really question myself and my keeping practices. Seems like everyone else has these picture perfect flocks cept me 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ how & why does this happen?! Then I get ahead of it all, learned a bunch and we are all better. I wonder if my chickens worry about me the way I do about them? 🤔🤔🤔 Like mom, you're hair is a mess are you molting?! Need some protein snacks?! Let me run to the store and get you vitamins for your water!!! Time to trim your toenails! There must be some product I have not purchased for you yet to make you perfect and happy :th... chickens 🙄 gotta love them.
Thanks 🥰 I do the same thing, every time there’s something like this I start questioning all my chicken keeping and I suppose that’s a good thing, only improves their care! But yes, I annoy my husband with all the things chickens need (in my mind anyway), we get farm veggies delivered and half of them are for the chickens and he just rolls his eyes and says “did you get anything for us in here?” 😆 I also now have a giant box of first aid stuff…so at least I feel equipped to deal with the bugs! I’m actually thinking I might be ok with the bugs!! The little red mites might be clover mites, not poultry mites. Gonna look again and see one up close. They’re like a bright red not really a blood red color…🤞🏻🤞🏻

I do wonder sometimes what goes on in their little chicken brains…I love the thought that messy hair to them means molting! 😆😆 I’m in a forever molt! 😆😆

Anyway, happy Thursday! Hope its

Good morning gang! I got up early cuz I got crowded out of bed again. Bless these cute critters ♡. I got up and turned on the morning news and had early coffee. Seems the crowd has followed me to the couch ♡
Loving the quiet with only 3 roosters (and the endless nieghborhood ferals in the Mango trees) . I would like to get it down to 2, that would be dreamy but it would be a difficult cut for me to make.
The blue cockerel is still here with us. Too young to crow and hassle the ladies so he is fine for a bit longer and the 3 buff Brahma boys are babies. Still time... well, at least a breather anyways.
I'm pretty sure the weird thing I found on my poop board was a lash egg. Not great, possibly an indication of an infection (ok can treat) or some reproduction failure possibly? I don't know forsure, just what I have read and I'd appreciate any thoughts on the matter.

Forgot to lock the run up. Oops. We have no predators but the gang got to wander early. So, I have not said good morning properly with a visual check.
Bath and dip day for the kittens again and then vet check and shots tomorrow. Wish us a good culture with no more fungus. :fl:fl:fl
20211117_072502.jpg

Thanks 🥰 I do the same thing, every time there’s something like this I start questioning all my chicken keeping and I suppose that’s a good thing, only improves their care! But yes, I annoy my husband with all the things chickens need (in my mind anyway), we get farm veggies delivered and half of them are for the chickens and he just rolls his eyes and says “did you get anything for us in here?” 😆 I also now have a giant box of first aid stuff…so at least I feel equipped to deal with the bugs! I’m actually thinking I might be ok with the bugs!! The little red mites might be clover mites, not poultry mites. Gonna look again and see one up close. They’re like a bright red not really a blood red color…🤞🏻🤞🏻

I do wonder sometimes what goes on in their little chicken brains…I love the thought that messy hair to them means molting! 😆😆 I’m in a forever molt! 😆😆

Anyway, happy Thursday! Hope its
Your hubby sounds like a wonderfully easy going guy. My DH would be more negative about that so I tend to be a little more on the down low. So when he complains about how much I spend on feed I just small and shrug and think, oh boy! If he really knew... lol mostly I just say, how was breakfast? Your welcome.

Ya know when I look back on my chicken keeping and think 🤔 I wish I had done this better...? Well, I have never regretted getting any meds or vitamins. I just wish I would have known to do them all sooner. My next few steps is to get a mini fridge and a doctor's bag and get it all organized. I figure I have to protect my $400. Investment. That is def on the dl from dh. 😂

Back
Top Bottom