What did you do with your flock today?

Hi all. Happy Sunday. A few weeks ago, we got fencing up to extend the goat/sheep area to include the barn. So today I dragged two of the dogloos that arent being used (now that the animals can sleep in the barn) to the open chicken run. We've got some ladies that simply will not sleep in the coop, so I'm hoping they'll choose the dogloos over the cold hard ground....since they won't go for any of the other various little hidey holes I've concocted for them. I moved the feeders and waterers out of the coops and into the enclosed run, added straw to all coops and the enclosed run, and moved a big wheelbarrow full of ash to their ash bath corner. After that, I was tired.
Sound like some lucky and stubborn chickens! 😍 Hopefully they take the hint that cover is warmer and safer! :)

Bought our tree for Christmas today about 10 miles from home local farm here ..
Raining here so it is in the garage drying out.
Another picture..
004.jpg

Sound like some lucky and stubborn chickens! 😍 Hopefully they take the hint that cover is warmer and safer! :)
LOL they're spoiled rotten. I love my chickens. I tested a new approach this evening. I had hatched an idea earlier today to shoo two hens in with the young ones in the enclosed run/coop this evening and then, if all went well, an additional one or two each evening until all of them were happily nestled together. Well, when shooing everyone in, 5 of the 16 laying hens (the "I wont be caged" troop) were in the enclosed run with all of the young group. I needed to go round up the guineas, so I hoped I'd come back and two of the hens would still be in there so I wouldnt have to chase any down. When I got back with the guineas all 5 laying hens were already roosted happily with the young ones. So...successful start with absolutely no effort on my part! 🤣 Hopefully I can get the rest of them in there roosting by the end of the month.

Ok. Gross story and shut your eyes if you are squeamish. I was in our coop and run area doing God's work on his day lol. (Just funning with you @GoatsandGuineas) and I noticed a raunchy smell of death. I'm looking all around thinking Forest, who has been on a roll, left a dove up on the shade cloth or coop or who knows where. I had smelled it earlier but by the time I was out scrubbing and changing the waters and coops it was 12ish and things were getting ripe if you will. It is really bad by the compost... looking in, on around and then I see something that looks like mold. Not green mold but the black fuzzy mold. Do you guys see where I am going here?... I grab my scraper and pan and poke and oh! There it is and here it comes... close your eyes now if you no can handle this kine stuffs... 😖😖😖😖😖😖😖
20211212_131110.jpg

K. That's all I am guna say and share... you guys gotta figure out what the heck.
End of story is all is smelling and looking much, much better.

Back
Top Bottom