What did you do with your flock today?

K. Not a food poster but... 😋
So, we do a lot of favors for people and also trade around here. Keeps it fun. My dh is constantly helping the gals out down at the ranch. Bless his heart because it is hot and almost a full time job with all of the mischief from the horses that goes on down there.
So, one of the gals dh is a fisherman who sells to the restaurants. He caught a nice Ahi but a shark took a bite out of it so he could not sell. She brought Rod a nice thank you sashimi grade chunk.
I made a light furikaki sear and also just a traditional cut. Broke da mouth- so ono!! What a treat so gotta do a food post.View attachment 3281629View attachment 3281630
Honestly it doesn’t look bad….but I have a fear of getting a parasite from raw fish. I have never even tried it before. Part of me says, oh you only live once, just do it. The other part says, yup about the time you get enough nerve to…your gonna get something from it.

It’s really cool though that your community is like that! There isn’t many people like that anymore.

K. Got a little further and did a micro photo shoot. Going to approach KCCP HOPEFULLY today and text photo to 2 feed stores to see if we can build them a stand for their store. 😉😉😉View attachment 3282083View attachment 3282082
Loving my supermodels.
Other than that, de-moonscaped the run, scraped boards and filled feeders, finished bleaching water containers. All is well. Need to cut some grass so I can freshen nest boxes for the ladies.
Boys are still being perfect.
Hope is still... well, the other day I had my dh hold her while I cleaned her eye and I need to do it again. I really wish I could get an ok to take her to the vet. I'm just not good enough to get her eye cleaned out. I don't know, maybe I will surprise myself and or get lucky. But she is still OK and we are still working on her.
That looks awesome!!! I love the models!! So pretty!! I hope that Hope gets better!

I just realized how behind I am on everything. I wasn’t really on here yesterday. It was my oldest’s birthday. I can’t believe she is now 15! I made her cake….and even though it doesn’t look great, it tastes way better. I typically wouldn’t put her name up but it is just a name.

I also added a few more things in the run for the chickens to play around on. Even though they won’t. I will have to pull some of it out though when it starts getting colder. I don’t want them standing on medal and hurting their feet. The white tote is actually creating a green house effect so it’s just hanging out there until winter and then that will be their dust bath inside the coop.

Attachments

• 9C339976-16EC-48FB-9528-3EB0C09D8CC2.jpeg
    9C339976-16EC-48FB-9528-3EB0C09D8CC2.jpeg
    573.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 5B6A6E36-C653-4324-AC1A-24F5F77A5D48.jpeg
    5B6A6E36-C653-4324-AC1A-24F5F77A5D48.jpeg
    603.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 696D815B-A79E-4FD9-A8F7-5A36AF47295A.jpeg
    696D815B-A79E-4FD9-A8F7-5A36AF47295A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 3D176D74-E346-41F7-85B3-B36F0C2E7CC0.jpeg
    3D176D74-E346-41F7-85B3-B36F0C2E7CC0.jpeg
    835.1 KB · Views: 1
Oh I know lol 😂😂😂 Elvis has left the building 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

KCCP (Kauai Community Cat Project) is the non profit I'd like to raise the $$ for. I'd like to put direct donate information on the blank side of the back wall, to hopefully make it easy on all.
Ahhh, I don't know how they would say no to this! I think it's awesome of you to do all this for the kitties!

Speaking of kitties, I think I shared the shot from my security cameras catching a cat in my chicken run? I was lamenting that it was doing a poor job as an outdoor kitty because the rats seem completely unconcerned about anything eating them. Well yesterday morning I found the leftovers of a rat in the run near where the cat likes to hang out...and wouldn't you know? Instead of 9 rats last night in the run, I only saw 3!! YAY kitty :D

I just realized how behind I am on everything. I wasn’t really on here yesterday. It was my oldest’s birthday. I can’t believe she is now 15! I made her cake….and even though it doesn’t look great, it tastes way better. I typically wouldn’t put her name up but it is just a name.

I also added a few more things in the run for the chickens to play around on. Even though they won’t. I will have to pull some of it out though when it starts getting colder. I don’t want them standing on medal and hurting their feet. The white tote is actually creating a green house effect so it’s just hanging out there until winter and then that will be their dust bath inside the coop.
Love the cake!!! 😍🎂

Your cake is incredible! I absolutely love it! Great job mom, I hope her day was a lot of fun ♡ 15yo... gulp** no longer a little kid but a young adult person. 😭 :hugs it happens so fast.

Your first winter will be something. I don't envy you.

So today I get the official call back from the nonprofit! Most exciting!
I got the back deck cleaned, sewing station set up and i'm ready to start sewing again.
Chooks are fantastic. Did a few egg deliveries on Boo and after hearing gas prices may go up again I am really, REALLY happy to flip gas stations the bird. I hope many people get inspired to wean themselves further off petroleum. Such a killer.
I recieved several big plastic egg carton donations -love when people give to me instead of just tossing in the rubbish!- after being a little low on supplies and worried, I am now set!
And my try at photos of growing BB x RSL's, molting Spider and silly big littles.
20221006_134819.jpg
20221006_155937.jpg
20221006_155845.jpg
20221006_155848.jpg

Back
Top Bottom