What did you do with your flock today?

Question yall:
A feed bag of Nutrena Naturewise All Flock some how got pushed to the back of stuff we brought home from the storage unit and I drug it out and the feed is like sticky.
It was folded over and had a clamp on the top. It isn't moldy or anything just sticky.
No good now right?
This is the only stamped number I could locate on the bag.
I Google how to interpret it but still clueless.
20221117_171512.jpg

Well...thought I was ahead of the game today! Go down to coop...not quite as daylight as I thought. Didn't have headlight. Bending over to do the cochins in the brooder and lost my balance, fell back on my butt and hit my arm on the wood stumps surrounding dustbath! Ouieeeee!!!
Now I got a tweaked back, shoulder and arm hurts from the wood.
Ugh!
Only positive is the poo is all frozen lol and I didn't hit my head!
Ok pity party over!

Last edited:
Question yall:
A feed bag of Nutrena Naturewise All Flock some how got pushed to the back of stuff we brought home from the storage unit and I drug it out and the feed is like sticky.
It was folded over and had a clamp on the top. It isn't moldy or anything just sticky.
No good now right?
This is the only stamped number I could locate on the bag.
I Google how to interpret it but still clueless.
View attachment 3330088

Well...thought I was ahead of the game today! Go down to coop...not quite as daylight as I thought. Didn't have headlight. Bending over to do the cochins in the brooder and lost my balance, fell back on my butt and hit my arm on the wood stumps surrounding dustbath! Ouieeeee!!!
Now I got a tweaked back, shoulder and arm hurts from the wood.
Ugh!
Only positive is the poo is all frozen lol and I didn't hit my head!
Ok pity party over!
I personally wouldn't risk using it but then I'm really 'funny' about suspect food and I've never come across sticky food. Does it have molassass in it?

Ouch! I'm always injuring myself, so accident prone. Yours sounds like one of my freak occurrences. I once fell out of a truck in slow motion, much to the amusement of my delightful family.
I am exhausted by flakey people. Another no-show today. :barnie
I'm glad I have these guys. They show up everytime I get near the scratch bin. My reliable pals ♡View attachment 3330041
Your chickens are so lovely and like all chickens the world over, the loyalest of friends - as long as the treats keep coming 😁

Last edited:
I'm so, so sorry Fluff is declining so badly. It's awful watching them suffer and knowing there's nothing you can currently do to stop it. Ferdy's dad, Sylvester, was poisoned by rodenticide (2nd hand - he ate a poisoned mouse) and despite quick treatment - an infusion of vitamin K - we lost him the day Ferdy hatched. At least he went swiftly and I held him throughout his passing. You will do the very best for Fluff, both now and if the time comes to let him go :hugs

Good luck with the show! I'm sure your chickens will do great! I wouldn't dare show any of mine so I think you're really brave. I've found most breeders offer lots of helpful advice, and (when i showed horses at least) generously gave lots of useful tips.
Thank you, I am very much looking for someone to give lots of useful tips! 😄

I’m sorry you lost Ferdy’s dad that way 😢 What an awesome way for the universe to give you a special boy to help with the loss though ❤️

Man I hate that! That is worse than being ghosted electronically!
But these guys are stunning!!!
Is there any other breed?! :lau
I know what your saying though as I feel the same way when you & many others post your photos 😂 I live vicariously through bycers with other breeds. They are ALL really & truely beautiful.

Thank you, I am very much looking for someone to give lots of useful tips! 😄

I’m sorry you lost Ferdy’s dad that way 😢 What an awesome way for the universe to give you a special boy to help with the loss though ❤️
And I'm grateful for it! I could tell from day one he was a boy - don't ask me how 'cos I have no idea 😃. He was a total mini-me of his dad from day one, so much so my friend was convinced Sylv's soul had slipped in there as Ferdy hatched. She was a little eccentric, it has to be said, but who's to say she was wrong?😁 Sylv was my first ever bantam Cochin, a lovely lavender boy who was sold to us as a girl... :lau
I know what your saying though as I feel the same way when you & many others post your photos 😂 I live vicariously through bycers with other breeds. They are ALL really & truely beautiful.
Me too! There are so many breeds I'd like to try....

I am exhausted by flakey people. Another no-show today. :barnie
I'm glad I have these guys. They show up everytime I get near the scratch bin. My reliable pals ♡View attachment 3330041
I’m sorry!!! I wish I could take a couple! And believe me I would show up. However that is a plan trip I can’t make 😭😭. I’m betting you will find someone who will loves these guys!

I’m sorry!!! I wish I could take a couple! And believe me I would show up. However that is a plan trip I can’t make 😭😭. I’m betting you will find someone who will loves these guys!
Actually yesterday's flake was for eggs. No worries, I emojied him :gig . I actually did sell the 2 dz today and won't deal with the flakey people again. Life is too short, I'm sure they will figure their crap out on their own without me just fine. 😉🤙
20221121_085318.jpg

Well, we are back on for getting the trees trimmed up Koke'e this coming Monday- Friday. So I get to go up and stay a few nights 😁😁😁 yippee! DH says he can handle chores if I don't mind going up 🤭🤭🤭🤭 well, ok! Packing my bags! right after making TG dinner lol.

Sewing feed bags today. Flock passed the mornings visual and poop check. Just a nice, pleasant and drama free day today.
20221121_115524.jpg

Actually yesterday's flake was for eggs. No worries, I emojied him :gig . I actually did sell the 2 dz today and won't deal with the flakey people again. Life is too short, I'm sure they will figure their crap out on their own without me just fine. 😉🤙View attachment 3330832

Well, we are back on for getting the trees trimmed up Koke'e this coming Monday- Friday. So I get to go up and stay a few nights 😁😁😁 yippee! DH says he can handle chores if I don't mind going up 🤭🤭🤭🤭 well, ok! Packing my bags! right after making TG dinner lol.

Sewing feed bags today. Flock passed the mornings visual and poop check. Just a nice, pleasant and drama free day today.View attachment 3330837
Oh ok! Well still I would still take a couple chickens from you 🤣. Glad everyone passed their checks this morning!

Back
Top Bottom