What did you do with your flock today?

This is what my girl looked like before starting the salve. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/dry-scaly-puffy-head-advice.1548126/

How is she doing?
Thanks for the reference! Unfortunately there hasn’t been any improvement, but it hasn’t gotten worse either. Although to be fair I’ve only been able to put it on her 3 times so I’m a little behind. It’ll be 4 as soon as it finishes cooling.

Poor girl has hated to get slathered up and is taking it out on everyone else. Normally she’s really mellow, so it’s funny to watch. Even my rooster avoids her until she mellows out again. But I’m sure she’ll think it’s worth it if it works. 🤞

How's your egg percentage? Counting eggs / eligible girls. I'm getting 4-5 from 8, so around 50+ %.
I'm getting between 10-13 eggs per day out of 22gals. 3 of them are 5y olds so don't really count, one has started molting and at least 2 are finishing up and they kind of get a hall pass too. So 22 - 6 = 16. That is not bad at all. I was thinking I had a bunch of free loaders but now I am pretty happy and impressed with my girls. ♡♡♡

@Gammas Bearded Babies , I LOVE Joey, eyebrows and all. He can come stay with auntie tropicalbabies anytime. Mater of fact, I'll trade you a good boy for him.
20221117_144213.jpg

This guy is looking for some girls of his own.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reference! Unfortunately there hasn’t been any improvement, but it hasn’t gotten worse either. Although to be fair I’ve only been able to put it on her 3 times so I’m a little behind. It’ll be 4 as soon as it finishes cooling.

Poor girl has hated to get slathered up and is taking it out on everyone else. Normally she’s really mellow, so it’s funny to watch. Even my rooster avoids her until she mellows out again. But I’m sure she’ll think it’s worth it if it works. 🤞
I'm really hoping this makes her feel lovely ♡ such a sweet baby. 💕

Asha just got her daily bath and chlorohexidine soak! She seems to be understanding it’s helping as she no longer fights it at all. I’m sure it feels good on her skin—I know scabs make my skin itch like crazy! She attacks the scabs like a very mad chicken 😆

30AC571E-2552-40BD-8AE7-DA422F1DAB88.jpeg

She also much prefers sitting on my chest and complains if I don’t let her! She’s got a lot of personality 😍

8FA9F7D8-281E-42E2-90A4-A0B6D79BD047.jpeg

This stuff really doesn’t want to leave her though. I keep finding new spots that cropped up :-/ They aren’t as extreme or extensive but still! 😵‍💫 When will it be gone?? 😩😩😩

Asha just got her daily bath and chlorohexidine soak! She seems to be understanding it’s helping as she no longer fights it at all. I’m sure it feels good on her skin—I know scabs make my skin itch like crazy! She attacks the scabs like a very mad chicken 😆

View attachment 3331759

She also much prefers sitting on my chest and complains if I don’t let her! She’s got a lot of personality 😍

View attachment 3331760

This stuff really doesn’t want to leave her though. I keep finding new spots that cropped up :-/ They aren’t as extreme or extensive but still! 😵‍💫 When will it be gone?? 😩😩😩
Maybe the new spots coming up were already “there”?? 🤷‍♀️ Kinda like when you have the cold or flu….you have it for 24 hours before you even show symptoms….just a thought. I hope that they do stop popping up and she will start feeling better soon!

Back
Top Bottom