What did you do with your flock today?

Maybe the new spots coming up were already “there”?? 🤷‍♀️ Kinda like when you have the cold or flu….you have it for 24 hours before you even show symptoms….just a thought. I hope that they do stop popping up and she will start feeling better soon!
I am hoping that’s what it is and the scabs are the last part or something 🤦🏼‍♀️ I just want to see her walking again 😩

Yeah

I’m thinking I need to do something like that…sometimes it doesn’t feel like they’re in very good hands. :-/ I’m pretty sure it’s how I lost all the Polish chickens, but for sure I know Axel had it and if I hadn’t wormed him he’d probably still be here 😩 Ughhhh anyway, thanks all!
You're doing just fine. You figured out the problem and you're working hard to help your babies. I'd say they're in the best hands. Looks to me like they're very sure of that to
I gotta sell some of my babies yall...the big ones that is!
I tried to get pics yesterday in my haste to prepare for mom's surgery and vacation...the coop area (run included) is just overwhelming with this many and the lil babies ain't even included in there yet!!!
🤨
And I just finally remembered to see when Joey (my oldest) was born and yall I missed bootyhead's birthday!?! What kinda gamma am i!?I!?!
He turned 1 year old November 15th!
Happy birthday bootyhead! One on top!
View attachment 3330954
Grumpy looking one on left under heat plate! I should have known then he was gonna be a bootyhead hun!?! :lau
View attachment 3330958ATTACH]
He reminds me of my Chihuahua
Resized_20190102_161705_3158.jpeg
with the grumpy face🤣
I am hoping that’s what it is and the scabs are the last part or something 🤦🏼‍♀️ I just want to see her walking again 😩
Sending all the good thoughts I can❤️

Not sure why it posted....I wasn't done 🤣

Last edited:
@TropicalBabies
I LOVE Joey, eyebrows and all. He can come stay with auntie tropicalbabies anytime.
Idk if I'll ever be able to part with the ole bootyhead....although he got DH yesterday not once but twice while I was at hospital with mom. Good thing I got a tender hearted DH!

This stuff really doesn’t want to leave her though. I keep finding new spots that cropped up :-/ They aren’t as extreme or extensive but still! 😵‍💫 When will it be gone?? 😩😩😩
Awe man that is so awful! She's precious! I pray she's on the mend and no others get this crazy stuff. It sounds miserable for both of ya!
Though I luv when my babies snuggle up under my chin on my chest....I always knew God had more in momd for deese thangs LOLOL!

Ok gots lots to do - everyone....
Happy
Thanksgiving!
Praying God reminds each of us even the smallest of things to be thankful for
this season!!​

🦃Well, happy Thanksgiving all🌾🍁🍂. I'm having to work to stay in a good headspace today 😂 Something about heating up an already warm or finally cooled space, giving myself a big chore of too much food and dishes. To spice or not to spice 🤔 and what spice and do I even have it?!! Where to fit things in the fridge and later freezer. 🤣🤣🤣 I'm such a grump. Yep. Gotta work on gratitude today. 😁😁😁😉😉😉😉

In all seriousness. I hope all is well as we recieve our fathers good grace and blessings today ♡ enjoy all.

We may have some wind and rain come in today. That would be wonderful 🍁
Yesterday dh & I got Lucy (my pink scooter) spruced up so we can gift her to Rod's son (girlfriend). That is a hard "let go" for me. Had a mini melt down last eve and sure I will again a few more times in the coming days. I did get to take her for a cruise down Mana stretch to charge her battery and remember our many years of fun. She has been my joy.

Girls gave me 13 beautiful eggs again yesterday. Now that we are a few degrees cooler I locked the majority of the gang in the run during mid day and think I will get back into that habit. Nice to give us people and the yard a needed break from the bandits and marauders.

Have a good safe day all and Happy Thanksgiving 🌴🐓

How's your egg percentage? Counting eggs / eligible girls. I'm getting 4-5 from 8, so around 50+ %.
One a day from 4 girls! It's only Penelope laying right now so they're all hers. Gladys (who normally lays green/blue really pointy eggs common to Shetlands) has just finished moulting, Clara is mid-moult and Pru is still using 11wk old Stanley as an excuse!

Asha just got her daily bath and chlorohexidine soak! She seems to be understanding it’s helping as she no longer fights it at all. I’m sure it feels good on her skin—I know scabs make my skin itch like crazy! She attacks the scabs like a very mad chicken 😆

View attachment 3331759

She also much prefers sitting on my chest and complains if I don’t let her! She’s got a lot of personality 😍

View attachment 3331760

This stuff really doesn’t want to leave her though. I keep finding new spots that cropped up :-/ They aren’t as extreme or extensive but still! 😵‍💫 When will it be gone?? 😩😩😩
Poor girl. She's so pretty and looks such a sweetheart sitting there. Just keep going, you'll both get there and she's doing very well so far!

Back
Top Bottom