What did you do with your flock today?

Hello! This is a place to post pictures/talk about what you and your flock have done today.

I was on a zoom call earlier and Iris, my rooster, decided to stand behind me and crow repeatedly. Thankfully I was on mute, but it was still annoying. They couldn’t see him, but they could see me trying to make him quiet, which was a little embarrassing. :lol:
Here’s a pic of my boy with some mini roses.
View attachment 2128202

What about you guys? Have you done anything interesting with your flock today?

Here are a few pictures of my birds.
View attachment 2128859View attachment 2128860View attachment 2128833View attachment 2128869
View attachment 2128894
Beautiful boy. Very proud. I had a similar situation last week. It was only a voice call meeting but I could not get far enough away for the participants to not hear my rooster. And, of course, he stopped when the meeting was over.
Hello! This is a place to post pictures/talk about what you and your flock have done today.

I was on a zoom call earlier and Iris, my rooster, decided to stand behind me and crow repeatedly. Thankfully I was on mute, but it was still annoying. They couldn’t see him, but they could see me trying to make him quiet, which was a little embarrassing. :lol:
Here’s a pic of my boy with some mini roses.
View attachment 2128202

What about you guys? Have you done anything interesting with your flock today?

Here are a few pictures of my birds.
View attachment 2128859View attachment 2128860View attachment 2128833View attachment 2128869
View attachment 2128894

Attachments

• D50D503E-54FE-4522-82B8-BED40A57B440.jpeg
    D50D503E-54FE-4522-82B8-BED40A57B440.jpeg
    779.8 KB · Views: 4
Beautiful boy. Very proud. I had a similar situation last week. It was only a voice call meeting but I could not get far enough away for the participants to not hear my rooster. And, of course, he stopped when the meeting was over.
Mine insist on coming indoors and crowing like something possessed when I'm on a work call. Fortunately, everyone at work knows I'm slightly loopy so they just find it funny. Good job, as I've been seen on calls with a chick in a woolly hat around my neck, 2 roos fighting over my shoulder and Connie, my ex-batt hen, pecking the screen because she could see my friend, who she loved, talking on screen. 🤣

Such a pretty boy. Love the beetle green on his wings!

The current situation this morning. Power out at 1:20 am as I was ready to sleep. So glad my electric blanket had warmed the bed up by that time. Making tea this morning, no coffee ground.😢. At least we can make a hot breakfast if we want. Looks like about 3-4".

Attachments

• 16700873598507152185081605288356.jpg
    16700873598507152185081605288356.jpg
    580.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 16700874296194478815024787193031.jpg
    16700874296194478815024787193031.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 2
If you can get ethromycin, that's also recommended as a treatment (I know API make one for fish - might be called P-Furan??? I can't remember as it's no longer available in the U.K.)
I looked it up - P-Furan is doxycycline. It's E.M. Ethromycin that's, well, ethromycin. Duh!

Oh he is handsome @triciayoung . Looks like a terrific set up too. Welcome to the thread!
@Gammas Bearded Babies welcome back ♡ did you have fun? Glad your flock is good. Yeah, bringing in the fake eggs is a thing 😂 too cute though.

@Shetland lover I am really interested in the dosing. It seems ot can be difficult to find or a lot of conflicting info on dosing being it is off lable use. Can you PM me or group with any info you feel comfortable sharing on dosing?

Oh poor @kurby22 . I hope she is documenting her adventure. Rooster in a house, chickens in a car... all good fun! ♡♡ 🤪🐓

@FBMcrazy8 it sounds quiet miserable weather wise. I hope you put cameras on your Christmas list soon. That way you can check w/o breaking doors or freezing or slipping on ice!! etc. I absolutely live my Blink that I picked on sale. They are battery powered so that made it easy for me as I only have an extension cord (so far) to the coop area. I can check temperature, listen and talk along with spy, can move with a few screws... super easy.

The current situation this morning. Power out at 1:20 am as I was ready to sleep. So glad my electric blanket had warmed the bed up by that time. Making tea this morning, no coffee ground.😢. At least we can make a hot breakfast if we want. Looks like about 3-4".
Good to have choices 😂😂😂 and it's Dec 3! Well, moisture is good ♡ I do hope you have a wonderful fireplace ♡♡♡♡
Snow looks cold and beautiful ❄❄❄ bet it looks like a diamond field when the sun hits it.
🌺Happy Saturday all! We are expecting some light off and on rains from the South the next few days. I am looking forward to it. I have a few more coop chores than usual and my home feels messy so hoping for no distractions today so I can do the basics +.
So much crowing this morning ... 🤦‍♀️ I feel everyone's pain

Good to have choices 😂😂😂 and it's Dec 3! Well, moisture is good ♡ I do hope you have a wonderful fireplace ♡♡♡♡
Snow looks cold and beautiful ❄❄❄ bet it looks like a diamond field when the sun hits it.
🌺Happy Saturday all! We are expecting some light off and on rains from the South the next few days. I am looking forward to it. I have a few more coop chores than usual and my home feels messy so hoping for no distractions today so I can do the basics +.
So much crowing this morning ... 🤦‍♀️ I feel everyone's pain
Still no power, my house is 55 deg. We do have a fireplace, but the big TV is on a table in front of it! I may have to move it myself and get a fire going. DH took us to breakfast. Staying in my ski pants and double sweater today. The sun is out, melting snow off the trees, and yes, it does look beautiful, unless the glare hits your eyes while driving. Today is refill feeders day. It's up to 38 outside. DH put tarps over the run yesterday, so maybe with the dry weather this week the mud will dry up some. Thankfully the water bucket doesn't freeze up.

Tetra is the one that was recommended to me. Fish Tetra should work as well, it's still the same antibiotic after all. If you can get oxytetracycline, that's even more effective apparently

You could certainly try tylan but it's no where near as effective. It'd still be better than not treating, in my non- vet opinion.

If you can get ethromycin, that's also recommended as a treatment (I know API make one for fish - might be called P-Furan??? I can't remember as it's no longer available in the U.K.)

Stubborn infection can be treated with Tetra and penicillin in combination according to a classmate who worked in the poultry sector in India, where GD is rife. Worth considering?

Where antibiotics aren't working so well, use organic acids to acidify drinking water. ACV would work. Not sure you should add it with the antibiotics though.

I hope something works for the little sweetheart, keeping everything crossed 🤞
Okay thanks a bunch!! 😍

Back
Top Bottom