What did you do with your flock today?

I had a busy day today. I moved my sapphire gems, Yennifer and Geralt, outside in their daytime pen to get some fresh air.
View attachment 2329861

And then soaked both Iris and Papa’s feet in epsom salt. Separately, of course. :p
It took me about two hours. :caf I got a lot of gunk out of one of Iris’ back toes, but Papa‘s feet are still the same.
I also put Neosporin on them, so we’ll see if that helps at all.
Beautiful hens! The names are pretty, too.

Today, I took angry little Hrutka out of her nestbox -- she went broody yesterday, and I need to break her before it gets too cold:
DSC_7289.JPG

I hope you can get some movement back! Will you have joint replacement too?
Yes. I am just waiting until I get at least 55 if I can possibly make it until then. I am 51 will be 52 in Dec. I have needed the total knee replacements since I have been 45. The doctors have gone in and re- positioned both my knee caps the patella bones on both knees twice and actually my rim Rt knee three times. I have had complete synovectomies done three times on the right and two times on the left to resurface and clean out all the arthritic junk and build up from inflammation caused by the psoriatic arthritis mess. It builds up like the size of a softball or larger and just pushes my patella over to one side of my knee totally dislocating it and all the structural muscles and tendons just stretch and tear coming complete loose in the meantime having to be reattached as well. This surgery is actually worse than a replacement including the rehab. I have been told this by my orthopedic, my rheumy, and my physical therapists many times. They are getting away from doing the total synovectomies these days on patients unless they are in situations like mine and they have a disease like mine and are young like me and have it very young and it’s bad but insurance doesn’t like to our implants in so early. They know that they may have to put them in twice is the problem. Cheap skates.

No, I don’t, but I do have betadine.
I put nest boxes in today! My girls are so nosy that in between us putting in the wall braces and going to get the row of boxes they all went into the coop to see what we had done and then here we come with the kind of heavy but more awkward than anything row of nest boxes and those nine goobers are all in the way inside the coop! We couldn’t run them out for five or ten minutes! They were all in a hoop la trying to get them shooed out of there! They were having a huge commotion and flying out into the run and it was a hoot. They are nosy and crazy but super nosy. We left them open so they couldn’t or wouldn’t want to sleep in them over night. I could tell they snooped around in them but they didn’t sleep in them or poop in them over night. I think my hubby did a great job for me and I didn’t even tell him how to do them he just made them himself! I am super grateful! Here is a pic.

Attachments

• C091EE3C-B594-46CA-9691-96FD3A610A1F.jpeg
    C091EE3C-B594-46CA-9691-96FD3A610A1F.jpeg
    833.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 0B4C0934-41C6-4415-9A46-1E58BCDD4DC6.jpeg
    0B4C0934-41C6-4415-9A46-1E58BCDD4DC6.jpeg
    809.4 KB · Views: 1
Beautiful hens! The names are pretty, too.

Today, I took angry little Hrutka out of her nestbox -- she went broody yesterday, and I need to break her before it gets too cold:
View attachment 2330343

Thank you!

Cleaned 2 of mine coops still have three kinda funny did not take the phone
Red my cockerel does not like me in a mask.. Have them on at home beause of the smoke in the skies here .. I dropped one ear loop hey it's me, he was alright then.

Iris is two and he still hasn’t realized I’m the same person, only wearing different pants. He seems to think I get replaced by some imposter in sweatpants everytime it gets cold. I can’t imagine how he would act if he saw me in a mask.

I put nest boxes in today! My girls are so nosy that in between us putting in the wall braces and going to get the row of boxes they all went into the coop to see what we had done and then here we come with the kind of heavy but more awkward than anything row of nest boxes and those nine goobers are all in the way inside the coop! We couldn’t run them out for five or ten minutes! They were all in a hoop la trying to get them shooed out of there! They were having a huge commotion and flying out into the run and it was a hoot. They are nosy and crazy but super nosy. We left them open so they couldn’t or wouldn’t want to sleep in them over night. I could tell they snooped around in them but they didn’t sleep in them or poop in them over night. I think my hubby did a great job for me and I didn’t even tell him how to do them he just made them himself! I am super grateful! Here is a pic.

Those are really nice! Your husband did a great job.

I brought my older pullets inside, our air quality outside has been hovering around 500 (that's as high as the reading goes! 😭 ) and will remain that way through Monday at the earliest (I'm in Central Oregon).
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ous-smoke-levels.1414618/page-3#post-23239067
There's some pictures on the link above. They're all pretty dang content, I gotta give it to them, they are acting super adaptable :)

Back
Top Bottom