What did you do with your flock today?

Our flock went from 97 to six yesterday, thanks two stray dogs.

They were in a run with a 5' tall door and 6' tall fence.

Two lessons learned:
Fit stray Alaskan Malamutes can jump at least 5', or climb a 6' fence - maybe both. Not these two though - anymore.

Lastly, appreciate what you have - always, because Murphy is there - waiting.

This is not a pity story, its informational. It happens. Start over. I should not of had all my chickens in one basket.

So today, I'm grateful for the 6 remaining birds. Today we'll start to rebuild and add a new 6' door to that access point (as if its enough). 😉

Two lessons learned:
Fit stray Alaskan Malamutes can jump at least 5', or climb a 6' fence - maybe both. Not these two though - anymore.

This is not a pity story, its informational. It happens. Start over. I should not of had all my chickens in one basket.

So today, I'm grateful for the 6 remaining birds. Today we'll start to rebuild and add a new 6' door to that access point (as if its enough). 😉
I am SO VERY SORRY to read about your news.
I am speechless. 🙀
I know your not looking for a pity party but, I would have to set those dogs up and make sure they Never leave.
My heart aches for you.😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Two lessons learned:

oh no, I am so sorry for your losses. :hugs

My big gals have been waiting for me to open up a new grassy area we planted for them. With the new coop being built they just stay put out the way perching in the saw horse.
25953505-EE90-46A7-AA69-EC978693119B.jpeg
E4BEC147-21A4-4536-9518-C34A25E5BBF1.jpeg
644A1E47-3356-44BE-B84C-AAA09A4AAD77.jpeg

We're currently trying to finish the coop (first, then we'll finish the runs because methinks the chicks are out growing their brooder) and I got scratched pretty hard by chicken wire >.< We're chicken wiring some windows/gaps higher up on the coop for ventilation/natural light. Meanwhile, I've been removing the top of the pen and letting the chicks attempt escape. It's been super cute. I've had a few land on the ledge though a couple over shoot and float to the floor. I pick them up and put them back in again.

The playground sand grit + snacks every day seems to be working out really well. There's not too much more left to do on the coop itself, so it's almost moving day! I've given them celery, some fruit and some swiss chard from the garden. They were all big hits!

My husband is planning on building the nesting boxes a bit later, since we don't need them right now. I'm looking forward to seeing my little peeps in their new home. :3

Two lessons learned:

That’s awful, I’m so sorry for your losses. :hugs

Two lessons learned:

I am so Sorry

Two lessons learned:

I am so sorry! Can you get the owner to cover the cost of replacing the lost chickens?

Back
Top Bottom