What did you do with your flock today?

Had a welcoming party as I went to clean happend to have my phone for once. Even shows Smudge
coop birds 003.jpg
coop birds 004.jpg

She is a Dark Brahma also. Lovely breed if you ever get the chance. More assertive than the Buff's, bigger and all. Yes I think the pattern is stunning too. I would not be surprised if she or her sister took over the matriarch position in the next year.

Chicken feet question. My chooks feet are sore, one a slight beginning of bumble foot, the other(s) from playing in the forest, one has a scratch. My friend- who has had a horrible time with her flock and bumble foot has had good luck with Tuf-Foot. I was thinking of trying-
View attachment 2773455
Has anyone used this on their chooks feet? It was easier for me to get than the tuff-foot and we use it on our steeds so if it is no good for chooks, no problem. Anyway, want to try to be ahead of this issue and not behind. I'd appreciate anybody's input.
Mahalo!!!
I haven’t, but please let us know how it works.

Bravo @penny! Looking good!!!

I did find him tho, he was hidden in the shed by the coop.

Thank goodness!!! I was just chatting to a friend who just lost a BO to a dog and to a BYCer who had a horrible attack possibly a raccoon but 6 chickens and I think 5 or so turkeys in one night. I shutter to think. 😬

Well, folks. Time for me to pack up and head up again.

Chat with you all in a few days!!! Stay well and safe!!!

Frankie, are you safe and out of the path of the fires?
Yeah, I think so.
She is a Dark Brahma also. Lovely breed if you ever get the chance. More assertive than the Buff's, bigger and all. Yes I think the pattern is stunning too. I would not be surprised if she or her sister took over the matriarch position in the next year.

Chicken feet question. My chooks feet are sore, one a slight beginning of bumble foot, the other(s) from playing in the forest, one has a scratch. My friend- who has had a horrible time with her flock and bumble foot has had good luck with Tuf-Foot. I was thinking of trying-
View attachment 2773455
Has anyone used this on their chooks feet? It was easier for me to get than the tuff-foot and we use it on our steeds so if it is no good for chooks, no problem. Anyway, want to try to be ahead of this issue and not behind. I'd appreciate anybody's input.
Mahalo!!!
They’ve now been added to my chicken wishlist. 😁

No, I haven’t even heard of it before. I’ve always used vetrap with a little bit of gauze for cushion on all of my birds, even on the mild cases, but that probably isn’t always the best/most convenient method for everyone.
Good luck!
Had a welcoming party as I went to clean happend to have my phone for once. Even shows Smudge View attachment 2773433View attachment 2773435
They’re beautiful!
Last night I had to go find my Japanese bantam- the rest of the chickens went up, and he went up in the shed (I think the door got closed b4 he got up), and I had to go find him, it was already dark by the time I saw he was missing- I did find him tho, he was hidden in the shed by the coop.
I’m glad you were able to find him!

Thank goodness!!! I was just chatting to a friend who just lost a BO to a dog and to a BYCer who had a horrible attack possibly a raccoon but 6 chickens and I think 5 or so turkeys in one night. I shutter to think. 😬

:frow

Thank you very much !

Yeah, I think so.

They’ve now been added to my chicken wishlist. 😁

No, I haven’t even heard of it before. I’ve always used vetrap with a little bit of gauze for cushion on all of my birds, even on the mild cases, but that probably isn’t always the best/most convenient method for everyone.
Good luck!

They’re beautiful!

I’m glad you were able to find him!

:frow
Thank you very much shows allot of the younger set

Back
Top Bottom