What did you do with your flock today?

Oh my heavens glad he is doing well after loosing a spur ..
I talked to the gal I got my silkie peeps from I am down to 2 now but asked her for 6 of them may have to wait a few weeks but she said yes she can do 6 to me.
I want to stay with no cockerel up there. So take all of them to auction

The birds got strawberries. They all acted like little kids with a piñata when they saw them. Iris did a run/flap thing which was pretty cute. He loves strawberries.

OH! I also found this really weird duck egg in the coop when I let them out. If I didn’t know better, I would’ve thought it was some kind of cement chunk. It’s as hard as a rock, and heavy for an egg. Maybe tomorrow I’ll weigh it and/or get better pics. I’m guessing it’s from too much calcium? I don’t know for sure though, maybe it’s just because she’s getting older. I’ve never seen an egg like this.
She seems pretty fine aside from this, so I’m not worried, it’s just really weird. XD

I’ll have to look at some of the egg articles on here to see if anyone has had similar issues.
1AAD4200-1492-4D0F-828F-A1CC2D4A6F6E.jpeg
BA8912EC-AD0B-479C-AC51-D87220CBE09D.jpeg
E878D4A9-E2F1-4D48-8163-3762C4568605.jpeg

The birds got strawberries. They all acted like little kids with a piñata when they saw them. Iris did a run/flap thing which was pretty cute. He loves strawberries.

OH! I also found this really weird duck egg in the coop when I let them out. If I didn’t know better, I would’ve thought it was some kind of cement chunk. It’s as hard as a rock, and heavy for an egg. Maybe tomorrow I’ll weigh it and/or get better pics. I’m guessing it’s from too much calcium? I don’t know for sure though, maybe it’s just because she’s getting older. I’ve never seen an egg like this.
She seems pretty fine aside from this, so I’m not worried, it’s just really weird. XD

I’ll have to look at some of the egg articles on here to see if anyone has had similar issues.
View attachment 2783892View attachment 2783893View attachment 2783894
That's the weirdest egg I ever did see!

I tossed my Cayuga pigs some cut up tomatoes. They also got ridiculously excited 😆. They were gone in two seconds flat. The last one to get a piece took off running with all 9 others in hot pursuit. That is so funny to watch.

View attachment 2783892View attachment 2783893View attachment 2783894
It looks like a lash egg
https://hellohomestead.com/what-is-... owners by surprise.&text=But it's not an egg.

That's the weirdest egg I ever did see!

I tossed my Cayuga pigs some cut up tomatoes. They also got ridiculously excited 😆. They were gone in two seconds flat. The last one to get a piece took off running with all 9 others in hot pursuit. That is so funny to watch.
IKR? Laying it must've been really painful.
Is it an egg or turd that is the size of egg have you tried to look in it?
I think it's an egg. It's the same color as her other eggs. No, not yet. I'm going to need a hammer to break this thing open. XD
Yeah, so far that's the closest appearance-wise, but I thought lash eggs were soft and/or rubbery? This feels more like a chunk of hallow cement. I guess I'll have to crack it open to know for sure. I'll make sure I get a few pictures of it with another egg and a coin first.

IKR? Laying it must've been really painful.

I think it's an egg. It's the same color as her other eggs. No, not yet. I'm going to need a hammer to break this thing open. XD

Yeah, so far that's the closest appearance-wise, but I thought lash eggs were soft and/or rubbery? This feels more like a chunk of hallow cement. I guess I'll have to crack it open to know for sure. I'll make sure I get a few pictures of it with another egg and a coin first.
Well? Come on. I wanna see it!

Back
Top Bottom