What did you do with your flock today?

Yeah, I will need to learn how to do this!
My yard already has a system that drains the back yard to the street. I do need to make sure the grates are open. There is a tendency for them to have sod grow over them.

My yard already has a system that drains the back yard to the street. I do need to make sure the grates are open. There is a tendency for them to have sod grow over them.
Yeah, most of our yard is set up well for drainage, and likely uses french drains, thankfully! The area where we put the coop is in a landscaped area where they built it up above the yard and secured with a brick wall and filled it with lots of clayey soil fill...it was hard as a rock from 2 years of no real rain, so we couldn't do a ton to the area before we installed the first coop. Now that I have some VERY movable soil haha, we can rearrange some things for better drainage going forward. Wish I had gotten the rain collection barrels I wanted! We'd have plenty now! :D

Yeah, most of our yard is set up well for drainage, and likely uses french drains, thankfully! The area where we put the coop is in a landscaped area where they built it up above the yard and secured with a brick wall and filled it with lots of clayey soil fill...it was hard as a rock from 2 years of no real rain, so we couldn't do a ton to the area before we installed the first coop. Now that I have some VERY movable soil haha, we can rearrange some things for better drainage going forward. Wish I had gotten the rain collection barrels I wanted! We'd have plenty now! :D
There was a lot of rain!

Yen finally finished molting. She looks so good now! Everyone else is in their sad, pin feather stage, poor guys. XD
85FD3FDB-8FBC-4997-B3D0-9041BE4CBF7A.jpeg
She’s so soft and fluffy now, I wish she liked to be held because I want to squeeze her 24/7. XD

It’s been raining today, so all of my birds have been hiding. The ducks are having fun, but unfortunately the rest of the birds can’t say the same.

Yen finally finished molting. She looks so good now! Everyone else is in their sad, pin feather stage, poor guys. XD
View attachment 2878307
She’s so soft and fluffy now, I wish she liked to be held because I want to squeeze her 24/7. XD

It’s been raining today, so all of my birds have been hiding. The ducks are having fun, but unfortunately the rest of the birds can’t say the same.
She is lovely. 😍

View attachment 2878307

Oh she’s very pretty!! Really nice color blue! Is she a Sapphire Gem? I’m trying to learn just by looking but still not that good, haha.

Where a outs are you in CA? I saw the southern half was getting rain today, up into Fresno area. My chickens were so happy to be out of their coop today!

Back
Top Bottom