What did you do with your flock today?

Spent my day going in and out of the chicken coop and runs. Some 9f our youngest chicks went in an outdoor run for the first time today and absolutely loved it.

Lucky ducky, the half month old duckling (same as the chicks above) still hates swimming. Would not stay in the tub for any longer then it takes to clear her nostrils. Got me soaked in the process of her escape 🤣 .

It's a windy morning and it feels so nice outside right now! I have so much to do, but this morning feels so nice that I'm just relaxing with my puppies and coffee on the porch.

The sparrow's get released today. I couldn't get a decent pic of the lil guys now that they're flighty! I don't know if they'll make it but fingers crossed for them.
20220622_072628.jpg

@kurby22 Are your other three silkies still going strong? I was too busy the other day to give a proper response...but your thoughts on them make sense.

It's a windy morning and it feels so nice outside right now! I have so much to do, but this morning feels so nice that I'm just relaxing with my puppies and coffee on the porch.

The sparrow's get released today. I couldn't get a decent pic of the lil guys now that they're flighty! I don't know if they'll make it but fingers crossed for them. View attachment 3158584

@kurby22 Are your other three silkies still going strong? I was too busy the other day to give a proper response...but your thoughts on them make sense.
Yay for the baby sparrows! I’m glad you think they are ready for the world again! They are lucky to have you!

The Polish seem to be okay as of this moment! I will be so devastated if I lose my last pullet :-( It’s gonna be over 100 until next Thursday so I’m hoping the heat stress doesn’t kill any other babies :-( I have broody hens, tiny day olds, and every age in between! The heat is nasty to adjust to so I’m spending a lot of time coming outside to check on them. They’re gonna get watermelon today!

9DFEED8E-3543-4FB8-8145-21F04B428DDB.jpeg

I managed to get a picture of Spider, he’s very elusive 😆 Lily…not so much haha. He hasn’t crowed yet, but it’s going to be soon!

Aloha gang!
Loved this mornings check ins. I could almost feel the breeze and smell the desert! Fun fact about me is I lived on the Mojave desert from 2-10ish and visited after so it will always be in my hearts memory.
Spider has some fancy hat there @kurby. Good looking boy. Sorry about your heat but glad you got a plan!

After my bike ride this morning there was actually room on a lounge chair for me to sit and cool while my coffee steeped. Here is a photo of me admiring my pedicure lol and good company.
20220622_061120~2.jpg
obviously ☝☝☝Mele is jealous.
Grandkids babies C&B (Cheepie & Blackie) seem very happy.
20220620_070940.jpg
20220622_060758.jpg

What's that?! Mochi San!
Mango Pieces & Forest.
Love my mornings when the crew comes out for the pre nap visit ♡
20220622_060618.jpg

I never did a big coop clean yet, girls have been laying late into the day lately. Thinking maybe today is the day?

Getting low on feed but will be in town on Friday. DH has to get a kidney stone zapped. Thinking maybe I could sneak in my motorcycle test... 🤔 lol. Kind of a selfish thought but maybe... :gig

While monsters wander the yard, I scraped boards, filled feeders and dishes, scrubbed waterers and added electrolytes. Thinking we will stay in the mid 80's suppose to lose our trades soon.

On a fun side note I recycled AJs foam bed topper into dog beds with WASHABLE covers. I have just enough foam and blanket to make a few (2?) little ones for the kitties.
20220620_124235.jpg
Grandpup has a hurt paw so was the inspiration to hurry though- I have had this planned for awhile
80233.jpeg

Also a few mosaic pots we did when grandkids were here.
80437.jpeg
80439.jpeg
k. Gotta go cut some plumeria! I hope today is a good day for all 🌴😁🤙

Last edited:
Well, Feathers started crowing yesterday so now I need to officially start looking for a home for him. I have a cousin up in Washington who says she'll take him, which would be ideal since I know her and know he'll have a good life there. The problem is really just how I'm going to transport him.
I might still post a thread, just to see if anyone local will take him, but I don't see that as being pretty likely, especially since the sooner I can rehome him the better. It's such a bummer, he's going to be gorgeous. : (
0D19B1B9-1391-4399-80A0-017F3CDA001C.jpeg

820373BB-6938-422E-8FE2-371FD5CD9AA6.jpeg

@kurby22 I'm so sorry to hear about your girls. I hope the rest of them will be okay. :hugs

I love the pics @tropical !

Well, Feathers started crowing yesterday so now I need to officially looking for a home for him. I have a cousin up in Washington who says she'll take him, which would be ideal since I know her and know he'll have a good life there. The problem is really just how I'm going to transport him.
I might still post a thread, just to see if anyone local will take him, but I don't see that as being pretty likely, especially since the sooner I can rehome him the better. It's such a bummer, he's going to be gorgeous. : (
View attachment 3158992
View attachment 3158993

@kurby22 I'm so sorry to hear about your girls. I hope the rest of them will be okay. :hugs

I love the pics @tropical !
my silkie "Red" is starting to make more rooster like noises. got his brother shippe dout the other day.... still looking for this one to get a home lol.

ur flocks cute!!!!

Back
Top Bottom