What did you do with your flock today?

I have that feeder trough as well...I was wondering yesterday if it is only for chicks because of that rod.
Cuz u r right the bigger ones do hit it and rub up and down on it and that's gotta hurt over time!
I have it in my bachelor coop and the way he gorged himself when I let him in the run yesterday late makes me think he's not even eating out of it anymore...then I looked and it was upside down!
My boys won't ear out of certain feeders and I leave them a pile on the side a couple times a day to make sure plus periodically check. I had a wonderful boy die from what I am certain was starvation and/or mineral deficiency. Hope never again.
Yall got a dillema...I leave for a week early in morning. Neighbor is gonna check my babies each morning and evening.
Yall know I had moved Joey to a bachelor coop but I've been letting him back in with others off and on and monitoring him.
It seems like Bluey is as much a problem for the girls as Joey has been for the smaller babies.
Would yall leave Joey in with the others so he can deal with Bluey rather than let Bluey have full run and all my babies? He definitely got a burst of hormones while Joey was not in the run cuz he crowed for first time! Since Joey has been back in he hasn't been crowing.
You can see Bluey in lower lefthand corner pulling Lizzy's head feathers...he's doing this quite frequently to both Lizzy and Daisy (hatchmates).
Joey and Bluey be bunkmates in the bachelor pad? They should be fine together when no girls are involved.
I think the idea is that it keeps them from standing in trough and pooping in food cuz it twirls around...but even my chicks manage to poop in it still lol.
Time to treat yourself to a new type of feeder? You can make one out of products laying around ♡ my homemade are the most used & favorite feeders I have, plus best feed savers. Only thing is, again, I have to make sure my roo gets enough because of his comb. He does not like hitting his comb. Multiple feeders offered is a real problem solver.
20220126_175341~2.jpg
20211125_075307~3.jpg

My boys won't ear out of certain feeders and I leave them a pile on the side a couple times a day to make sure plus periodically check. I had a wonderful boy die from what I am certain was starvation and/or mineral deficiency. Hope never again.

Joey and Bluey be bunkmates in the bachelor pad? They should be fine together when no girls are involved.

Time to treat yourself to a new type of feeder? You can make one out of products laying around ♡ my homemade are the most used & favorite feeders I have, plus best feed savers. Only thing is, again, I have to make sure my roo gets enough because of his comb. He does not like hitting his comb. Multiple feeders offered is a real problem solver.View attachment 3220648View attachment 3220649
Gorgeous babies. Your boy is stunning back there!
Yeah I tried just Bluey n Joey out in yard together and Bluey freaked out completely! He is like petrified Joey even though Joey does no worse to Bluey than Bluey is doing to the girls!
So I think I'd come home to blood shed and or an insane cockrel!

Yall got a dillema...I leave for a week early in morning. Neighbor is gonna check my babies each morning and evening.
Yall know I had moved Joey to a bachelor coop but I've been letting him back in with others off and on and monitoring him.
It seems like Bluey is as much a problem for the girls as Joey has been for the smaller babies.
Would yall leave Joey in with the others so he can deal with Bluey rather than let Bluey have full run and all my babies? He definitely got a burst of hormones while Joey was not in the run cuz he crowed for first time! Since Joey has been back in he hasn't been crowing.
You can see Bluey in lower lefthand corner pulling Lizzy's head feathers...he's doing this quite frequently to both Lizzy and Daisy (hatchmates).
What a beautiful set up and what amazing beautiful birds ♡♡♡♡
Just dreamy. What security camera do you go through?
@ChicksnMore , I know @kurby22 has had cams for a bit too. I just got Blink not to long ago and love. Hope you get some, they are really enjoyable and a useful tool. I don't post on YouTube though and believe that is one of the only ways you can post video on byc?

Time to treat yourself to a new type of feeder? You can make one out of products laying around ♡ my homemade are the most used & favorite feeders I have, plus best feed savers. Only thing is, again, I have to make sure my roo gets enough because of his comb. He does not like hitting his comb. Multiple feeders offered is a real problem solver.View attachment 3220648View attachment 3220649
I love your rooster! He is so cute!!!

I love your rooster! He is so cute!!!
Thank you! I don't have him anymore 😔. I sold him and a few weeks later he and the dark B hens all got killed by 2 stray dogs 😡🤬😠😡😠🤬 Still a sore spot in my heart.
So I was able to pick up one of the cockerels by hand. He is still sweet as can be, the other I had to coax into the cage. I then took them home and contacted the gal. She is a horse person too and is doing a camping trip up Waimea valley on horse back. Good fun! She hopes she has the energy to pick one (or two...lol) up as she heads back home to the otherside of the isle on Sunday.
20220812_105753.jpg
Prince is all over the mother and sweet as can be and has his dad's cool intelligence. Perfect combo and he will make a fantastic flock keeper.
20220812_105732.jpg

This guy has size and looks. His mom is a rsl and the color bleed looks REALLY GOOD. He is not as smart or charming as Prince but I bet he will step up just fine. Nice boy. Either way she will do well. Very respectful boys.
20220812_100524.jpg

Cisco says "hi!"

What a beautiful set up and what amazing beautiful birds ♡♡♡♡
Just dreamy. What security camera do you go through?
@ChicksnMore , I know @kurby22 has had cams for a bit too. I just got Blink not to long ago and love. Hope you get some, they are really enjoyable and a useful tool. I don't post on YouTube though and believe that is one of the only ways you can post video on byc?
My DH got me 2 Dzees cameras

It looks like Cher and Sonny have a case of fowl pox. So far it doesn’t look serious, but I put neo on them and will be keeping an eye on them and the other two babies.
I think I had it a year or two ago, which explains why no one else has it. Sonny, Cher, and the babies were the only new additions since then.

My main concern is accidentally spreading it to the pigeons. Idk if the pigeons can catch it, but I don’t see why they couldn’t. I’ll be doing as much as I can to prevent spreading it to them, but they’re only separated from the rest of the flock by some hardwire cloth, so I don’t know how much that’ll do. :/

This was their first time getting any sort of medical treatment (aside from being dusted), and poor Cheri was disgusted and betrayed by me. She expected love, not goo. XD
Sonny, on the other hand, didn’t even flinch. She layed down and took a nap while I put the neo on. She normally doesn’t like her comb to be touched, but she honestly seemed relieved. Her comb is huge and sometimes gets dry, so after seeing how well she did with the neo, I might add putting some some sort Vaseline on it as part of my somewhat-regular routine.

Aside from that, I’ve had electrolytes in a few water buckets for them since it’s so hot, but I’ll be making sure to keep those out there now that they have FP. I’m not sure what else to do in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom