What did you do with your flock today?

K. Got a little further and did a micro photo shoot. Going to approach KCCP HOPEFULLY today and text photo to 2 feed stores to see if we can build them a stand for their store. 😉😉😉
20221005_105747~2.jpg
20221005_105748.jpg

Loving my supermodels.
Other than that, de-moonscaped the run, scraped boards and filled feeders, finished bleaching water containers. All is well. Need to cut some grass so I can freshen nest boxes for the ladies.
Boys are still being perfect.
Hope is still... well, the other day I had my dh hold her while I cleaned her eye and I need to do it again. I really wish I could get an ok to take her to the vet. I'm just not good enough to get her eye cleaned out. I don't know, maybe I will surprise myself and or get lucky. But she is still OK and we are still working on her.

K. Got a little further and did a micro photo shoot. Going to approach KCCP HOPEFULLY today and text photo to 2 feed stores to see if we can build them a stand for their store. 😉😉😉View attachment 3282083View attachment 3282082
Loving my supermodels.
Other than that, de-moonscaped the run, scraped boards and filled feeders, finished bleaching water containers. All is well. Need to cut some grass so I can freshen nest boxes for the ladies.
Hope is still... well, the other day I had my dh hold her while I cleaned her eye and I need to do it again. I really wish I could get an ok to take her to the vet. I'm just not good enough to get her eye cleaned out. I don't know, maybe I will surprise myself and or get lucky. But she is still OK and we are still working on her.
OMGeeze I absolutely LUV this!!!
You did an amazing job! And the models are perfect!!! I'm so happy for you! I pray you get lots of sales!!!

K. Got a little further and did a micro photo shoot. Going to approach KCCP HOPEFULLY today and text photo to 2 feed stores to see if we can build them a stand for their store. 😉😉😉View attachment 3282083View attachment 3282082
Loving my supermodels.
Ohhhh it looks so great!!! 🥰 Sounds like you found a second wind!! I need to do all that stuff too, but I’m waiting till next week 😆

Who do you need the OK from to take Hope to the vet? It sounds like a tough procedure I would hate doing myself! Poor Hope! That must suck!

Good morning and happy 🌺Aloha Thursday!
Man this week has gone by quickly.
20221005_184421.jpg

Well, came home just past sunset after picking up sewing stuff, feeding horses and cutting a bunch of grass for horses and chicken nesting material. Went straight back to the run to do a head count and chickens were everywhere that they normally are not because dh did not open gates and half a dozen were locked out of run 🙄. Good news is the rooster coop was open so they found their way in there. The big littles were scattered, mom is distancing herself from the 3 but also the grumps had taken over the mini coop. So, I moved the grumps to main coop and went looking for the big littles and only found 4 out of 5. Spent about a 40 minutes looking everywhere 🙁 no sign of the big little red. Hope it is just having a good hide in a tree. I guess I will see in about 1.5 hours as it is dark till then. 😣 Cats were relentlessly "sharking" me with their no dinner complaints the whole time I was searching and moving... sometimes my husband makes me sad lol 🙄😖😑 good thing he is cute ♡♡♡

Being the big chicken I AM, I only texted one feed store and no KCCP yet. I just don't know how to approach it without sounding like a nut job (suggestions?) Good news is I brought all my bag making ordeal down so today is clean deck and window day. I will feel better when chick shows up and I am busy cleaning and moving forward again.

So, hoping for some trim photo updates @Gammas Bearded Babies and all happy chicken updates and reports.

Good morning and happy 🌺Aloha Thursday!
Man this week has gone by quickly.View attachment 3282499
Well, came home just past sunset after picking up sewing stuff, feeding horses and cutting a bunch of grass for horses and chicken nesting material. Went straight back to the run to do a head count and chickens were everywhere that they normally are not because dh did not open gates and half a dozen were locked out of run 🙄. Good news is the rooster coop was open so they found their way in there. The big littles were scattered, mom is distancing herself from the 3 but also the grumps had taken over the mini coop. So, I moved the grumps to main coop and went looking for the big littles and only found 4 out of 5. Spent about a 40 minutes looking everywhere 🙁 no sign of the big little red. Hope it is just having a good hide in a tree. I guess I will see in about 1.5 hours as it is dark till then. 😣 Cats were relentlessly "sharking" me with their no dinner complaints the whole time I was searching and moving... sometimes my husband makes me sad lol 🙄😖😑 good thing he is cute ♡♡♡

Being the big chicken I AM, I only texted one feed store and no KCCP yet. I just don't know how to approach it without sounding like a nut job (suggestions?) Good news is I brought all my bag making ordeal down so today is clean deck and window day. I will feel better when chick shows up and I am busy cleaning and moving forward again.

So, hoping for some trim photo updates @Gammas Bearded Babies and all happy chicken updates and reports.
Oh no!! It’s the worst feeling when you can’t find your babies and it’s due to carelessness by someone else! I sure hope the little one was just doing an awesome job hiding! I got upset last night at my son—he had one job, to watch the gate so no chickens got out while we filled feeders and added bedding…and Penny was being harassed by Nohope and went running for the gate and Dylan just stood there and watched as she fled toward the pool 🤦🏼‍♀️😡

What is the KCCP again? I think I would send a picture of your awesome stand—and say “I made this to display my bags! Any interest in something like this at your store?” 😁

So as I mentioned above, Nohope has reached the age and size where I worry about the tiny kids safety 🥴 So I moved him and his girlfriend to the big purple coop that no one seems interested in staying in last night.

So this morning I got up early to supervise when the doors opened in case things didn’t go well. I sat down and they came running over to me 😆

A9E8CE56-6897-47A8-9B94-F3BEF08B0673.jpeg

CA533217-354E-441C-843A-24261869654E.jpeg

Roxy tried to be brave and got chased and pecked and I thought she’d gone to hide in the big white coop…only to discover she had somehow managed to bang the coop door open that leads to the bantam run and found her happily roosting on her little roost bar she loves. Sooo, I think she has chosen her Banty friends over her boyfriend 😆

Oh no!! It’s the worst feeling when you can’t find your babies and it’s due to carelessness by someone else! I sure hope the little one was just doing an awesome job hiding! I got upset last night at my son—he had one job, to watch the gate so no chickens got out while we filled feeders and added bedding…and Penny was being harassed by Nohope and went running for the gate and Dylan just stood there and watched as she fled toward the pool 🤦🏼‍♀️😡

What is the KCCP again? I think I would send a picture of your awesome stand—and say “I made this to display my bags! Any interest in something like this at your store?” 😁
Oh I know lol 😂😂😂 Elvis has left the building 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

KCCP (Kauai Community Cat Project) is the non profit I'd like to raise the $$ for. I'd like to put direct donate information on the blank side of the back wall, to hopefully make it easy on all.

Well, what's the temperature over there as I may seriously consider it. I swear I drank a gallon of water and sweated all of it out. So not fun.View attachment 3281594
I'm not crazy about it yet so had to walk away from it last eve. Still need my sign (top (and flowers?)) and some hooks and I think a third plank.
I think we are supposed to have some wild weather coming in tomorrow.
I also have to go up Koke'e and grab my machine and set up sewing area on my she deck after a good clean.
I don't know. My head kind of hurts. Thank goodness it is not a coop build lol. Feeling to old for that crap right now lol.
That looks awesome! I would add a third plank or a sign in that space. I think adding flowers to the top would make it really pretty. If it was me….this is how I would incision it:
Paint it white and stress it so it looks older. Then I would add pretty flowers, but would complement the older look.

But honestly I think whatever you do, it will look awesome!! Everything I have seen of yours is just beautiful!!! I can’t wait to see the final product!!

This is what my weather looks like for the next few days.

Attachments

• D60814E4-1BC6-46A4-9B94-A471F72FECF5.jpeg
    D60814E4-1BC6-46A4-9B94-A471F72FECF5.jpeg
    720.8 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom