What did you do with your flock today?

Well Paso Robles is short on pet stores with fish antibiotics. :-( So Tylan it is, until Monday when we head home. She’s not visibly worse but also but better.
View attachment 3340362

Poultry show went well!! Ruby was one of 18 bantam Buff Brahmas and won Reserve Variety! My d’Anvers did okay, but were in varieties of their own—they were the only black or self blues in the show. So win by default. Was a fun day and we are all exhausted 😩😴 We also left with a new breeding pair of bantam WHITE Wyandottes. Aria is thrilled! More all white chickens! I added a bunch of highlight pics (sorry I don’t know how to spoiler all the pics for the thread to be shorter 🤪) for you @TropicalBabies 😋
Oh thank you Kurby! Made my night 😍😍😍 I love Aria's shirt 😁 terrific.
What lovely chickens and what a fun time. Your husband is sure fun to go along with your crazy chicken antics 😂
What a pal!
Keeping my good thoughts on your little lovely. I'm sorry it has been so hard on her and you all ♡

Such a busy day for me 😜 I had a feed container refill day too but chose to empty out all the old feed as they were sooo looow. I bleached and scrubbed, then filled after they were dry. Chickens were pleased. 4 loads of sheets and towels from the cabin. We hang dry our clothes here and I was lucky enought to have enough sun to dry everytging b4 a slight downpour. Did some organizing and collecting $, restocked a few stands and then brought $ to KCCP. Painted my next stand to go out, did a little cooking and cleaning. Felt like I was non-stop today. Grabbed a bunch more feed bags and made some calls and arranged for more bag pick ups. Feedback has been terrific and we have made some good sales in some places.
Chickens were perfect all day long. Especially with the nice fresh filled feeders. Chooks hung out in the run snacking extra and that was pretty fun. Never made it to buttoning up the sunny side of the coop where the old bags deteriorated. It is clear tonight with no wind so I expect if it rains it will come straight down so not too worried but do need to deal with it more sooner than later.

Nice treat, enjoying Batman who seemed to enjoy us this late noon till eve.
20221203_190922.jpg
20221203_190914.jpg

Gotta love a super hero 🦇

Last edited:
I may have to look into this one! I have a baby monitor that is AMAZING but has to be plugged in but does everything else yours does. Plus I have security cameras that I could use but again they need to be plugged in. And again, I can do everything else though 😔. What you have would be perfect. I just hate the idea of power cords running all the way out to the coop.
Oh same here...but security of knowing they are warm, integrating with the bigs and less mess for me in the garage is worth a few power cords!
our annual Xmas movie....Die Hard. 🙄
Oh my DH would LUV to come decorate the tree then! Perhaps that's what I should turn on!?! Lolol!
Yes, thank you, it finally stayed on since 4 pm.
I'm so glad it's back on for yall!!! I'm sure you did work up a sweat doing all those chores too!

@kurby22 are those all your babies you took to the show?! OMGeeze you have some beautiful babies!!! They are just perfect! I hate you didn't have any competition with your d'Anvers though! They are stunning!
What breed is this one?! 8C809069-54BB-46E4-AC37-A5DAD0C9AF23.jpeg

@TropicalBabies what a busy productive day you had! I'm so glad your bags are doing so well! And another stand too!!!
Oh Batman is a sight! I've never seen one sleep like that all sprawled out on the belly! Just adorable!!!

Hey yall chicken sitter wants to "talk" with me today! I was just gonna get my keys and give her the $...I don't wanna have words. I hate controversy! And it's my neighbor too!
We oughta start a pool where we rotate going to each other's places so we can all take vacays and know our babies are luved and cared for while we are gone!!! But guess that wouldnt work so well cuz then whoever is taken care of another's babies would need someone to take care their babies! Ugh!
God send us a luving good chicken sitter please!

Well Paso Robles is short on pet stores with fish antibiotics. :-( So Tylan it is, until Monday when we head home. She’s not visibly worse but also but better.
View attachment 3340362

Poultry show went well!! Ruby was one of 18 bantam Buff Brahmas and won Reserve Variety! My d’Anvers did okay, but were in varieties of their own—they were the only black or self blues in the show. So win by default. Was a fun day and we are all exhausted 😩😴 We also left with a new breeding pair of bantam WHITE Wyandottes. Aria is thrilled! More all white chickens! I added a bunch of highlight pics (sorry I don’t know how to spoiler all the pics for the thread to be shorter 🤪) for you @TropicalBabies 😋
That looks like a whole lot of fun! Thank you for the pictures! Congratulations btw 😁😁

Power came back on, then off, then finally on from about 4 pm. No fire, no cuddles. What an interesting choice of movie for your decorating! A classic, for sure. DH does Uber so he was off rescuing people. Roads were ok, main ones anyway...
Refilled feed, and then spent an hour + wrestling snow off the tarps on the run..Snow had weighed it down, so the slump and sticky snow, well, you get the picture. Dead leaves were also keeping the snow on top of the 2x4 fencing he had used as well.
We had gotten 3-4" last night, and it was the clumpy, sticky, good for snowball and "Would you like to build a snowman?" kind of snow. Not melting very fast. Still going to be only in the 30's for the next several days, maybe more snow tomorrow. This is unusually cold for us here.

Snow is lava to the chix, They have decided it is ok to peck at, but not walk on.
Too funny about the chicks and snow!
I'd forgotten how much work snow, fall leaves and cold bring! Hope the weather warms up over there. Any snowman builders at your place?
View attachment 3340362

O my...so many beautiful birds! I'm also in love with Aria's shirt ❤️. Wish I'd done shows with my kids when they were still young...that looks like a really great time.

@kurby22 thought I'd share dosing info in case you get some tetra. Hopefully this is readable enough. If not, let me know and I'll type it out.
20221204_083501.jpg
should add that tetracycline becomes poisonous after a year. It's expiration date is important. Most antibiotics are still usable past the expiration, just not as effective... tetra's different and harms the liver once expired.

Hey yall chicken sitter wants to "talk" with me today! I was just gonna get my keys and give her the $...I don't wanna have words.
Maybe it will be good words ♡ like your birds are so cute can you hatch some for me?!! Or I will take all of the baby roosters off your hands!! 🤞😂🤞

Back
Top Bottom