What did you do with your flock today?

Today my chickens are laying rather well. So far I have 5. Yesterday I ended up with 6, we will see how the day goes today.

Took the goat outside this morning to spend some time out there and eat some grass. But he cried the whole time. 😔 He didnt eat anything or drink any of the water. I need to find him a playmate. Husband says we will have one next week so who knows what he has up his sleeve. He always seems to have everything worked out. The whole time the goat was crying, the boss girl duck got loud back at him. And they are typically quiet. I finally brought him back in and put him in the kennel. He sniffed at the food and looked at the water but just laid down. I’m hoping he will nap, I’m sure he needs it. I just need him to be in a quiet place where the 2 yr old can’t mess with him all the time and the dog will leave him alone. She wants to play with him SSOO bad. I’m thinking when he gets full grown she won’t think that so much…

Today my chickens are laying rather well. So far I have 5. Yesterday I ended up with 6, we will see how the day goes today.

Took the goat outside this morning to spend some time out there and eat some grass. But he cried the whole time. 😔 He didnt eat anything or drink any of the water. I need to find him a playmate. Husband says we will have one next week so who knows what he has up his sleeve. He always seems to have everything worked out. The whole time the goat was crying, the boss girl duck got loud back at him. And they are typically quiet. I finally brought him back in and put him in the kennel. He sniffed at the food and looked at the water but just laid down. I’m hoping he will nap, I’m sure he needs it. I just need him to be in a quiet place where the 2 yr old can’t mess with him all the time and the dog will leave him alone. She wants to play with him SSOO bad. I’m thinking when he gets full grown she won’t think that so much…
Poor sweet baby boy!! 😩 sounds like he is just needing some love love ❤️

Poor sweet baby boy!! 😩 sounds like he is just needing some love love ❤️
Yeah…he loves cuddles and I totally would but I also know my 2 yr old will be right up in our faces. I need to face the facts that he isn’t MY Christmas present…he is my sons 🤣. I know he didn’t sleep well last night either. I slept down stairs with him and the dog to make sure things went well. And I’m exhausted so I know he has to be. He was trying to sleep standing up after the kids left for school.

I also have to give him his first vaccine today. I don’t know if mom was when she was pregnant or not so it’s pretty important to do that. He is just going to hate me by the time I’m done. 😔

Thank you!! They are bantam Wyandottes! And so shiny white! 😍 I’m in love with them!
Ooohhh ok!!! They are very pretty!! 😁 I want some Wyandottes as well. But I would love to get ahold of the Black Laced Silver Wyandottes. I find all the colors very pretty but I’m drawn to the black laced. 🤷‍♀️ I didn’t even realize there was white ones like yours!

Where are you that you still have produce in December? Nice long season!
Arizona's a weird place...summers actually too hot to grow much of anything. Some stuff does well over summer with the right conditions. But fall, winter and spring are doable. If you get cool season stuff growing well in the fall, you can grow and harvest it all the way through til next summer. Cold sensitive stuff is harder... tomatoes, melons etc only grow in spring and fall so you have to pick super short season varieties to get a harvest.
YupYup decided to try to headbutt our girl the second time she tried to lick its face. And that is also what happened when she tried to share her kennel with her. She wasn’t even phased thank goodness. Except she put her head low with her butt in the air wagging her butt (since she is docked) and just ready to play. Poor YupYup though can’t sleep. Our dog is making him nervous.

It will be fun to watch him grow up. But we seen dad too. Oh boy! He was something. They had him separated and he WAS NOT happy. He started ramming into the fence. But I guess he has been like that because he is separated from his girls for a few months. I’m kinda glad we don’t have friend right off the bat so maybe we can form some kinda bond. I really don’t want to be hit by that.
Male goats are a hoot. They pee all over their own faces to be sexy for the girls 🤣🙄😭😵‍💫. All the boys we've had over the years loved to greet us by rearing up like their going to headbutt us. We'd reach out and greet them back with a little slap between the horns and it'd make them so happy. They'd drop down, wag their tails and ask for scritches once they got their greeting. And male goats have the most amazing strut when they're feeling sexy...lol. A lot of people mistake the males greeting as aggression...they just want to say hi though.

Arizona's a weird place...summers actually too hot to grow much of anything. Some stuff does well over summer with the right conditions. But fall, winter and spring are doable. If you get cool season stuff growing well in the fall, you can grow and harvest it all the way through til next summer. Cold sensitive stuff is harder... tomatoes, melons etc only grow in spring and fall so you have to pick super short season varieties to get a harvest.

Male goats are a hoot. They pee all over their own faces to be sexy for the girls 🤣🙄😭😵‍💫. All the boys we've had over the years loved to greet us by rearing up like their going to headbutt us. We'd reach out and greet them back with a little slap between the horns and it'd make them so happy. They'd drop down, wag their tails and ask for scritches once they got their greeting. And male goats have the most amazing strut when they're feeling sexy...lol. A lot of people mistake the males greeting as aggression...they just want to say hi though.
I’m glad you said that. Cause his dad though wasn’t looking for a greeting. But knowing this information will for sure help when he gets older. When we went to get him the only one to headbutt me was a pregnant girl. I’m not sure how far along she was but it was obvious. It wasn’t very hard either. More like a nudge to like say…hello I’m here…

I’m sorry for your loss! :hugs

What an egg! It is pretty big!

Thank you! Butterscotch has always been so quiet and she never showed signs of laying any eggs anytime soon!
Thank you, it wasn't that unexpected but you're never truly prepared, are you?

Gladys' sister, Alice was like Butterscotch - never gave any indication she was ready to lay - then plopped one beautiful pale blue egg out in the snow on the lawn! We lost her at 18 months old to egg yolk periontitis. I still miss her terribly. She had such a huge crest of feathers we had to trim them as she couldn't see. I lost count how many times she fell into the pond or walked into a door 🤣

Thank you, it wasn't that unexpected but you're never truly prepared, are you?

Gladys' sister, Alice was like Butterscotch - never gave any indication she was ready to lay - then plopped one beautiful pale blue egg out in the snow on the lawn! We lost her at 18 months old to egg yolk periontitis. I still miss her terribly. She had such a huge crest of feathers we had to trim them as she couldn't see. I lost count how many times she fell into the pond or walked into a door 🤣
:lau I’m sorry that is just too funny!!! I’m sorry you lost her and so early! If you have pictures I would love to see them. ❤️

And no, you can’t ever be prepared. Even when you think you are, you aren’t. Even my grandma had a rough time after my grandpa passed away. It seemed to set off her dementia. She hadn’t any problems prior to him passing and then all of a sudden it hit her hard, within a year after he passed she was so bad she had to be put into a nursing home. And the way she talked she was at piece with it, I think she was trying to make us feel better when really it crushed her.

Back
Top Bottom