What did you do with your flock today?

@kurby22 I got quick pics of Snug...he still let me scoop him up! Am I easily pleased or what? 😂
View attachment 3448602View attachment 3448603View attachment 3448604View attachment 3448605
Still not 100% sure what his color genes are. I've been told he's probably silver or maybe cream rather then splash. Going to let him reach maturity though to try to get a better idea. He's from blue Brie and an uncertain hen...but I'm wondering if it's my super pale blue hen or a pale gold hen. I might test it next year. I have no birds on my property that look silver or cream, so whatever color he is, its well hidden in the dwarfs...lol. His similar siblings are both male and coloring up similar. They don't let me scoop em up though so haven't taken pics of them in quite a bit.

See if I can find a pics of the hens quick.View attachment 3448624View attachment 3448627
Those two were both in with Brie and think the gold hen carries Columbian and Snug does too.

And most likely daddy Brie. Not sure I waited the full 30 days before I collected Snugs egg...but he sounds like the most likely dad either way.View attachment 3448647
Beautiful birds. Love when you share photos 😁

Well, the rain slowed last eve so the flock ran out to do what they do. Poop and eat grass and chase each other.
20230329_181442.jpg

Hombre's suited up looking like a war horse. Had some bot flies bugging him so he had socks on too. He likes to wear his mask and blanket, probably likes his socks too. Such a fun silly. Probably should work on matching it all better I guess... still the best dressed at the pasture. Need to find his fly sheet for the warmer weather coming soon.
20230329_171617.jpg

Possibly 1 more day of inclement weather.

Did not collect eggs but was sure to scrape boards. Need more mulch in the run. Hope to make it up Koke'e in my truck to pick up in a few days.

Feather pecking isn't something I've ever really had issues with but whenever I've introduced a bird I've smothered them with anti-peck spray which has seemed to stop issues before they start. Must taste absolutely disgusting as one peck and the assailant gives up.

You could apply a water-based emollient cream or Blue Kote but I wouldn't use anything oil or petroleum based as it may stop his new feathers coming in properly.
It's almost like pay back for all Joey did to him when Bluey was growing up...I mean Bluey literally tip toes up behind Joey and pecks him on the butt then he calls the girls over to eat the feathers!
I really pray the new addition to the coop/run will help with the boy issues...but I desperately need my daughter to take Bluey but she says another year! 😢 due to the new baby she's havin in 3 weeks. Go figure right? Lol

@TropicalBabies Hombre's gorgeous! How can he see though with the blinders on? Sorry luv horses but never been around em much.

@ChicksnMore Snug is adorable!!!

So yall I stumbled onto this company and wondered what yall thought or if ya heard of em! I've read quite a bit of positive info from the icky 💩 this stuff helped with even from vets perspective!
Yall heard of em?!
FirMeadowLLC.com

So beautiful! I had a Garden Orb spider set up home in my kitchen last year. She was enormous by their standard, probably because I insisted on feeding her, much to DH's bemusement 😂
Aww...I love that! ❤️ My hubby rescues spiders from the house and garage. He totes them around to show everyone and get us to coo for him, then turns them loose in the garden. It's one of the things I love about the big goof.
They are all so beautiful! Snug has such gorgeous colouring and it's just going to get better as he matures. Are ODs' as big as bantam Cochin? Just wondering how much space they might need....🤔
Ods are smaller...I guess them at 1 and a 1/2-2 pounds. They don't need a lot of space and so far I haven't lost any when I let them free range...they seem pretty good at keeping safe. We get a lot of hawks here but I've never lost a bird to them. Combination of good dogs and good chickens I think. Knock on wood!
Well, the rain slowed last eve so the flock ran out to do what they do. Poop and eat grass and chase each other.View attachment 3448866
Hombre's suited up looking like a war horse. Had some bot flies bugging him so he had socks on too. He likes to wear his mask and blanket, probably likes his socks too. Such a fun silly. Probably should work on matching it all better I guess... still the best dressed at the pasture. Need to find his fly sheet for the warmer weather coming soon.View attachment 3448867

Did not collect eggs but was sure to scrape boards. Need more mulch in the run. Hope to make it up Koke'e in my truck to pick up in a few days.
So beautiful 😍😍😍 Bot flies though! *Shudder*
O I hate those! Hope none managed to lay eggs. Hombre looks quite comfy ❤️
It's almost like pay back for all Joey did to him when Bluey was growing up...I mean Bluey literally tip toes up behind Joey and pecks him on the butt then he calls the girls over to eat the feathers!
I really pray the new addition to the coop/run will help with the boy issues...but I desperately need my daughter to take Bluey but she says another year! 😢 due to the new baby she's havin in 3 weeks. Go figure right? Lol

@TropicalBabies Hombre's gorgeous! How can he see though with the blinders on? Sorry luv horses but never been around em much.

So yall I stumbled onto this company and wondered what yall thought or if ya heard of em! I've read quite a bit of positive info from the icky 💩 this stuff helped with even from vets perspective!
Yall heard of em?!
FirMeadowLLC.com
Poor Joey...Bluey's attack method makes me laugh though 😂

I've never heard of them. I keep it kinda simple on feed still. Base food, kitchen scraps and fresh weeds and veggies is all my babies get. If you give those guys a try, let us know what you think of them!

Well, the rain slowed last eve so the flock ran out to do what they do. Poop and eat grass and chase each other.View attachment 3448866
Hombre's suited up looking like a war horse. Had some bot flies bugging him so he had socks on too. He likes to wear his mask and blanket, probably likes his socks too. Such a fun silly. Probably should work on matching it all better I guess... still the best dressed at the pasture. Need to find his fly sheet for the warmer weather coming soon.View attachment 3448867

😍 Ooh! I may have to take a flight to you and smuggle him home in my luggage... How big a suitcase you think I need?

😍 Ooh! I may have to take a flight to you and smuggle him home in my luggage... How big a suitcase you think I need?
Oh I'm sure he would need to ride in first class with you or maybe a nice carnival cruise back home would be good. I dunno but I'll ask him this morning ♡
Pretty sure he will want to know if you have carrots...

Yall heard of em?!
FirMeadowLLC.com
Reminds me of Ferdy and Penelope as chicks sneaking up behind my cat and pulling clumps- of fur out of his butt :lau Definitely sounds like payback to me!
I really hope that your extensions help with your boy situation too.

I haven't heard of the company you mentioned but I do use herbs and minerals alongside 'traditional' antibiotics etc. Some are very effective, some not so much. It's just a case of learning which ones do actually work. For example, at the moment Gladys has very loose poops, not diarrhoea as such. I think it's down to her managing to get in the flower beds and eating stuff in there she really shouldn't. I'm feeding her bentonite clay mixed in yoghurt with a drop of sea buckthorn and a drop of oregano oil. So far she's loving eating it and it seems to be doing the trick. My reasoning was that the clay would absorb toxins, the yoghurt would provide probiotics, the sea buckthorn is anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and has a whole load of other great attributes, and oregano for it's immunity support and natural antibiotic properties.
I just thought it would all be gentler on her GIT than starting her immediately on pharmaceutical anti diarrhoea meds. She is eating, drinking and behaving absolutely normally so she's doesn't seem sick as such and I don't want to kill off all her Gastrointestinal flora if I don't need to.
I'd say just be cautious with what you use. I tend to check for scientific research which supports a particular herbal treatment but that's just me! Some herbs definitely have a role in treating illness.

Oh I'm sure he would need to ride in first class with you or maybe a nice carnival cruise back home would be good. I dunno but I'll ask him this morning ♡
Pretty sure he will want to know if you have carrots...
Hundreds of carrots! And carrot cake if he'd like that? He'd be spoilt rotten and the size of a house in a week, I'm afraid....

Back
Top Bottom