What did you do with your flock today?

Have a doc visit in the morning so off to bed soon. Quick picture of one of my incubators first. Not even half of these eggs are from my birds. Nice part is I get to enjoy lots of babies briefly without the long term work. But...think I'm going to rightly plead lack of space if asked to hatch more for friends 😂
20230530_213936.jpg

Made this post last night and forgot to hit post 😂🫣

Well, last eve we lost mom. She had a terrific life, loved and was loved. RIP Bella ♥︎
I'm sooo sorry for your loss. Hugs and love to all of you. ❤️
No rat yet. Forgot to add cat food like @kurby22 suggested. Tonight I will try that one. Not sure if rat has moved on?? Nothing else to eat in the shop. Maybe it already has a stash so is good for awhile? 🙄🙄🙄 These things, i don't know, but I hope to find out.
In my experience they act like they're gone and then you find evidence they've been there all along! :p They're sneaky jerks!! 🐀

I gave my chickens their freedom early this afternoon, which is a first. In the past I let them out in the evening. They really liked the bright sun. Some of them were laying on their sides soaking up the rays.

Someone here mentioned chickens like chairs. So I put a broken oak chair in their run. It's now their favorite roosting spot. I've seen four roosting on the chair back, all at the same time. It was tight, but they fit. LOL

View attachment 3523758
My chickens LOVE their chair :D My "sit with the chickens" chair is plastic so I can wash it off :D

I'm so sorry! I cannot imagine losing one you've raised and grown to love!
Sorry, Bella was my 95yo, very ill, mother in law. Lovely lady ♡, but passing was a blessing in her case. She is at peace, with our father, her husband and other loved ones. Good woman 🙏
I know I sounded very cavalier and cold. I apologize. I'm just a crusty old broad 🤦‍♀️

Have a doc visit in the morning so off to bed soon. Quick picture of one of my incubators first. Not even half of these eggs are from my birds. Nice part is I get to enjoy lots of babies briefly without the long term work. But...think I'm going to rightly plead lack of space if asked to hatch more for friends 😂View attachment 3523926
Made this post last night and forgot to hit post 😂🫣
I'm amazed you do staggered hatches in the Rcom. I don't have that courage but not a bad idea at all ♡♡♡
I still don't have my cabinet incubator hooked up. Course, still have not started shop clean, other than me organizing my bags 🤣🤣 but no need as I am not hatching eggs for a long while, right...? (except Hope 🙄)

My favorite feedstore is still not bringing chicks in because they buy from Ideal. Not that it matters to me 🤣🤣🤣 But that gives us a domestic chick shortage that I am not going to care about right now.

I'm sooo sorry for your loss. Hugs and love to all of you. ❤️

In my experience they act like they're gone and then you find evidence they've been there all along! :p They're sneaky jerks!! 🐀
Thank you @kurby22 :hugs♡♡. She will be missed.

K. 🐀 Good info to know. Seems too nice of a set up to leave. Dry, nooks and no real predators as the doors are always closed and the cats don't go in. Last eve I was too lazy to set traps so I left my "She Door" open. Think this rat is too big for the cats anyways but can't hurt.
Today is a new day ♡ new potential, new hope, start over fresh. Love my mornings 🌄

My chickens just had a run in with the neighbor's cat. They were out in the yard while I was working on a project and I heard them make a strange, nervous clucking noise.

I walked over to see what was going on and the cat was laying in the grass about six feet from two of the chickens. The cat didn't look like it was in hunting mode, but rather looked like it was laying there thinking, wondering if it could take down something as big as my chickens.

I played the part of rooster and clapped my hands and yelled at the cat. It ran one way and the chickens ran the other. LOL

One more thing to keep an eye out for, I guess. I'll have a couple of cockerels soon, but they won't be ranging in the yard with the hens for a couple of weeks, after quarantine period.

Hopefully they'll be able to take on the neighbor's cat.

Sorry, Bella was my 95yo, very ill, mother in law. Lovely lady ♡, but passing was a blessing in her case. She is at peace, with our father, her husband and other loved ones. Good woman 🙏
I know I sounded very cavalier and cold. I apologize. I'm just a crusty old broad 🤦‍♀️
Oh I'm so sorry! 95 years though...wow!
My apologies!

Back
Top Bottom