What did you do with your flock today?

I left my bedroom window wide open last night just to see if I could hear some crowing. I heard the squeaky noise you described several times when it was starting to get light outside, I guess around 5AM. Yeah, it didn't sound too impressive. LOL. But at least he's trying!
This time of the year, mine start at 4:30 am. And I leave my window closed. The squeaks are quite endearing.

Yesterday, refilled the feeders and water for Velma. I put her in the small coop to roost last night. Gave some old apples I found in the fridge that had frozen this winter,, and finally thawed out,, a few veggie scraps my friend had saved for them today. Have a couple poopy butts to wash the next couple days. Since coming home, hit the ground running. Always something to do in the garden. Mulch is next. Weeding, always. Lots of other activities for church and therapy. Found I have to subscribe for my cameras, or I cannot get the feed or saved videos. Companies do not tell you this when purchasing. :rant I have half a mind to return them to Costco.
Hope everyone is having a grand weekend, with lovely weather.

Yesterday, refilled the feeders and water for Velma. I put her in the small coop to roost last night. Gave some old apples I found in the fridge that had frozen this winter,, and finally thawed out,, a few veggie scraps my friend had saved for them today. Have a couple poopy butts to wash the next couple days. Since coming home, hit the ground running. Always something to do in the garden. Mulch is next. Weeding, always. Lots of other activities for church and therapy. Found I have to subscribe for my cameras, or I cannot get the feed or saved videos. Companies do not tell you this when purchasing. :rant I have half a mind to return them to Costco.
Hope everyone is having a grand weekend, with lovely weather.
My blink cost $110. per year for 9 cameras. When DH asked me what I wanted for mom's day (I think) that was my response. Peace of mind ♡ I went without video back up untill I found the special I could afford.
I hope a good deal comes your way 🤞

Poor little babies! creatures can't help their natures though.
Collar bone is great, rotator cuff less so but it's just going to take time. The roofing materials for the run arrived yesterday evening so now I'm itching to get going with that. I also have 20 squash and 50 sweetcorn plants to go in today. Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy!
You must have quite a large patch to plant all that!

Last edited:
Our girls' favourite dust bathing site is under a stand of conifers, where the needles drop and make a lovely fragrant dirt which stays nice and dry. Apparently the pine resin can protect against pests as well. If I were making an indoor dust bath, I would bring dirt from under pine or spruce trees.
Hmmm, I don't know about the spruce needles, though. They are quite pokey, more so than fir or pines. They love any kind of dry dirt, and if you have a firepit, add some of the wood ash to the dirt.

Back
Top Bottom