What did you do with your flock today?

It's been awhile, and I've finally had time to catch up with you all. Today, DH helped make a new auto fill nipple bucket for the pullets and installed it. They were going through over a gallon of water every 2 days, and it's not hot here.
Mites have repopulated, so sprayed the coop. This time added 91% alcohol to the mix. All dead. This is an ongoing battle! Time to order more cinnamon oil.
Next Tuesday, the pullets will have been outside for 3 weeks, so it'll be time for integration. Switching the big girls food from layer to all flock. They always try to sneak in the liittle's area to eat their food whenever I'm checking it.
So far I've only named one, Dora (the Explorer), a leghorn who is always the first to fly up if a door is opened, and lets me pick her up. The rest still run from me, but that's ok.
I'm currently laid up with some groin pull, pain, so can't get out to see the girls. Stairs, driving, standing, sitting long are not in the near future. Spending most of my day, since the ER visit on Tuesday, laying down because it hurts way less. Thankful for good friends who offer to help.
Ouch. I hope your feeling better fast...that sounds like no fun at all :(:hugs

This morning, I looked out and saw our big girl, HeadHen running and being pecked. I was like, whoa, nuhu... Went out and she had a frog they were all chasing her for . Poor little dude. Then our biggest girl, ShyGirl(aka mini dino) got it and they chased her for ever trying to get it back. Lol even the 7-8 week olds were trying to get in on the fun lol

This morning, I looked out and saw our big girl, HeadHen running and being pecked. I was like, whoa, nuhu... Went out and she had a frog they were all chasing her for . Poor little dude. Then our biggest girl, ShyGirl(aka mini dino) got it and they chased her for ever trying to get it back. Lol even the 7-8 week olds were trying to get in on the fun lol
Who got the touchdown? :lau My girls did that the other day with half of a hard tortilla.

It's been awhile, and I've finally had time to catch up with you all. Today, DH helped make a new auto fill nipple bucket for the pullets and installed it. They were going through over a gallon of water every 2 days, and it's not hot here.
Mites have repopulated, so sprayed the coop. This time added 91% alcohol to the mix. All dead. This is an ongoing battle! Time to order more cinnamon oil.
Next Tuesday, the pullets will have been outside for 3 weeks, so it'll be time for integration. Switching the big girls food from layer to all flock. They always try to sneak in the liittle's area to eat their food whenever I'm checking it.
So far I've only named one, Dora (the Explorer), a leghorn who is always the first to fly up if a door is opened, and lets me pick her up. The rest still run from me, but that's ok.
I'm currently laid up with some groin pull, pain, so can't get out to see the girls. Stairs, driving, standing, sitting long are not in the near future. Spending most of my day, since the ER visit on Tuesday, laying down because it hurts way less. Thankful for good friends who offer to help.
Oh no! I hope your groin strain gets better soon :hugs

Mine do that with mice. Or beef rib.

Back
Top Bottom