What did you get for Christmas?

A ticket to see my favorite rock band (that I got for myself). Including a 12 hr round trip to see them... guess I should book a room soon!

DD gave me a wall mounted candle holder.

Those of you coveting those chicken dishes...Hobby Lobby has some chicken dishes, too. On the 26th, they were 50% off...

Not sure if that sale extended to this week but it would be worth a look if you want just a few pieces to spiff up your kitchen.

Quote:
I have found that everything at Hobby Lobby is on sale at some point if you wait long enough
smile.png
My husband and kids went to flea markets and got me some chicken stuff but my FAVORITE presents were my Nook and a kitchen aid mixer.

The Nook was a pain in the rear on the 26th though - apparently Barnes and Nobles servers couldn't handle the downloads...

The Nook was even more special because it came from my parents who are on social security and my dad has cancer, so that was a big expense for them. They also got my husband a garmin which is what he has been wanting. They wanted to repay us for all the work we do around their home since my dad is weakened from being sick.

Quote:
I have found that everything at Hobby Lobby is on sale at some point if you wait long enough
smile.png
My husband and kids went to flea markets and got me some chicken stuff but my FAVORITE presents were my Nook and a kitchen aid mixer.

The Nook was a pain in the rear on the 26th though - apparently Barnes and Nobles servers couldn't handle the downloads...

The Nook was even more special because it came from my parents who are on social security and my dad has cancer, so that was a big expense for them. They also got my husband a garmin which is what he has been wanting. They wanted to repay us for all the work we do around their home since my dad is weakened from being sick.

Do you like your nook? I was thinking about picking one up.

Yes - so far. I was a little preturbed the first couple of days because of the B&N servers and I had to figure out how to download from the computer since I don't have wi-fi. But now that I have a few books to read on it, I really like it. I like how the screen isn't glaring bright white. It looks like an actual book page. I do love the smell and feel of real books but I only have so much room for them.

My brother works for Sony Corp. and my dad has a Sony e-reader from him. When my dad called him to see about getting one for me, he said go with the Nook it is better than both the e-reader and the Kindle. Apparently that is because it can download different types of files?? I don't know if that is true. I also heard someone say that the Kindle is backlit so you can read in the dark, but for some people that can cause headaches.

Quote:
smile.png

I'm a Kindle lover.
wink.png

Quote:

I'm a Kindle lover.
wink.png

I would have been happy with either
smile.png
I'm pretty easy to please...

Quote:
No. The Kindle is not backlit. It uses e-Ink technology. You cannot have backlighting with e-Ink. The two are incompatible. The Kindle is wonderful when it comes to eyestrain -- much better than reading an actual paper book.

I have one version back. My son has the current version of the Kindle. I also have the Kindle for PC application on my computer & he has it on his. I have the Kindle Blackberry App, too.

Kindle all the way here!

Ahh didn't know that - just heard some people talking, but did't research it any. Nook also has all the apps for PC, Iphone, Crackberry etc. I have a feeling they are both pretty decent and comparable.

It was hard to choose the first book I wanted to download though...

I went with Water for Elephants .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom