What Did You Get Your Chickens For Christmas?

I gave mine some canned corn, that i got on sale for 18 cents a can!!(4 cans) It's not fresh corn on the cob.................but it's also December in New England!! I also tossed out a piece of brownies that didnt get eaten last night. They went nuts for it, but I dont like to give them sweets.

Finally, I gave them a head of lettuce that my DD going to give it to the rabbit.........but the rabbit ended up with all the greens left over from the shrimp-ring the sister in law brought. Seeing that I'm not a huge fan of the rabbit - but I tolerate it for my daughter, my chickens got the lettuce before she decided to go and waste it on the rabbit.

My chickens really appreciated it too!!

the turkey carcass from dinner. And some cooked rice. Free loaders don't deserve that.
roll.png

My girls got butternut squash skins, all the scraps from christmas dinner, boss and warm water. They lined up on the roost in their run and held vigil for the kitchen door to open and more goodies to appear. Much to their chagrin, that was all they got. Spoiled rotten divas, every last one of them!

Dinner preparation scraps! A huge bowl of everything mixed together.

And the best thing of all- a SUNNY day!

Can chickens eat turkey carcass? I am going to boil the bones up for soup and then is it ok to dump it all out in the run for them to peck on?

clarabean==your chickens would bow down to you if you gave them that carcass...especially if you didnt boil it first!!!

Back
Top Bottom