What did you have for dinner today?

Honey mustard chicken wraps. Threw the chicken, some honey, mustard, and seasonings in the crockpot before church. Shredded it up and added lettuce, tomato, and cheese in a wrap and YUM!

Split pea soup, with my brownies for dessert.
tongue.png

Swamp Johns. A business that has sales for places that need to make money, like a church, or a local fire department.

They sell food, either chicken fingers, fish fillets, or shrimp. We had the fish, fries, and slaw with tea and onion.

Cheaters bbq pulled pork (sauted onions, and a cut up piece of pork roast, then added liquid smoke and my favorite bbq sauce covered and cooked on low) until the rest of supper was finished. Steamed broccoli w/ lemon, radish quartered seasoned w/ garlic powder and pepper and sauted in butter. All cooked in cast iron.

Quote:
th.gif

Maybe cut back on the fries, and add a little veggie to the mix?
wink.png

X2
ep.gif
No veggies ever!!!!!! So much sodium, and fat and empty calories, oh my!!!!!!!!

Quote:
th.gif

Maybe cut back on the fries, and add a little veggie to the mix?
wink.png

Yeah, gotta agree with Illia. Some of our recent sides are creamed spinach, roasted potatoes, roasted asparagus, grilled yellow & zucchini squash, roasted acorn squash, corn on the cob, grilled tomatoes, sauteed snow peas. Stuffed cabbage or peppers are good. I made a huge batch of sauce with meat balls; had spaghetti & meatballs one night, and meatball subs another night. It's easy to saute' chicken; you can make a simple sauce of lemon & butter, add capers for 'piccata' style. Serve with rice or pasta. Add some veggies (whatever you like to the saute') - delicious and good for you. Dinner doesn't have to be boring!

Back
Top Bottom