What did you name your farm or ranch....and why?

paxicotrader

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
We are in the process of choosing a name for our small family farm where we raise chickens, ducks & geese.....and coming in the future - honey and berries. It will probably be Zephyr Hill Farm, but other names in the running are Overlook Farm and Goldfeather Farm (after our buff orpingtons).

I was wondering what you all have named your farm or ranch, and how you picked it out. What's your story?

I actually blogged on this today to help others who are searching for a name because I didn't get much help this morning when I Googled for articles on the subject. If you are still trying to find a name for your place, maybe my article will give you some inspiration!

http://zephyrhill.wordpress.com/2009/07/06/how-to-name-your-farm-or-ranch

big_smile.png

We named our Chicks and Supplies store Purely Poultry because its what we do and its what we love so we are Purely Poultry. Also it seems pure, perfect and just simple.

Our farm name is Danke Farms. My last name is Danke and it is actually what my Dad named his farm unnofficially. He never really used the name but I intend to use it as our Brand. My farm, my brothers farm, and my dads farm will all be part of Danke Farms but they will be ran and owned separately but we will be cooperative.

My part of Danke Farms will have day old chicks, started birds, laying hens, hatching eggs, farm fresh eggs and meat, and produce.
My brother Darren will run Danke Farms Winery and Vineyard.
My dad has a cash grain operation and 60 of beef cattle.
Danke Farms cooperatively will operate a cafe and store in the future.

We just bought a quarter acre with a 2 bedroom trailer house 2 weeks ago. We used to work on a 13,000 acre cattle ranch, therefore the name of our new place is........

El Rancho Not-So Grande
thumbsup.gif

Ours is the Hoof and Hen Ranch because we raise chickens and horses. And we want some cattle and other hooved animals. Of course we also have lots of paws too. LOL

We chose Four Aces Farm
big_smile.png
It's unofficial...just what we call ourselves because our names all start with "A"...Antone, Andrea, Allison and Aaron. Four Aces would be a great poker hand, and we are building a great little farm here.
big_smile.png

Pine Burrow Farm....

When we moved into this place I wanted a commonish farm name like shady acres or something... We have lots of Pine Trees so I was going with something Pine ___

My husband said that the house and property reminded him of the Burrow, The Weasley house in Harry Potter.

Since the house is a fixer upper and will need both of us to come together to make it work we put the two together to make Pine Burrow Farm...

So there you have it.

Eventually, if I ever get to retire, the sign to my farm that I am now renting will say,

"Rancho Alegre"

Back
Top Bottom