What did you name your farm or ranch....and why?

I fashioned some letters out of wet cedar twigs and wove them through the fence.
At first I had the letters YO. But we already have a famous
YO ranch about 60 miles from us. So I added a few more letters =
YOKE , My wife that the was cheezy so I reduced to
OK So guess were the OK ranch these days.

Last edited:
We are the Fleur de lis Farm. My daughter & I love the fleur de lis so I picked that. Don't know if it's used or not elsewhere but we like it. Hubby don't care much if we have a name so he gave no input.

Quote:
You're gonna need a big sign for that one!
wink.png

I named ours "Third Day Farm". The third day of Creation was when plants, berries, seeds, etc. were introduced to the earth.

Also the third day was the Resurrection of Jesus.

Ours is Poppy Haven - Poppy was what the kids called DH's father and he passed away right before we saw this house - and there was a painting of poppies inside when we looked at this place, one I'd missed at auction 5 previous times. It was meant to be
love.gif
- we were meant to be here. The house would only be under contract if the painting went with it... it did... and here we are! We have since planted tons of poppy flowers around the property... cant name it without having the proper flowers strewn about now can you?
wink.png

CJ Quarter Circle:
It's our cattle brand, nothing fancy just my DH's initials with the Quarter Circle under it. My Dad's brand was 0---
N
difficult to show in a blog. It's supose to look like a skeleton key. His last name is Keane... get it Key-N.
But the chicken house I thought looked pretty nice for chickens to do what they do in it. Everyone kept calling it the Hilton or Palace. And it just seemed like there were so many people calling them Chicken Hiltons.... So I took a different twist and Called it Cluckingham Palace (like buckinham Palace) and my roos are Prince Edward and Prince Charles! (Edward use to be Elizabeth)

Back
Top Bottom