What did your chickens do today?

We just got a hard rain for about 45 minutes, with sun before and after (typical in Michigan). I was swimming in the lake in my backyard and it started pouring, so I ran back to the house to close the windows and such. Figuring my flock, not counting my ducks, would be inside the coop out of the rain.

NOPE.

Just scratching around...standing drenched in the rain. They looked pathetic! Of course the ducks would love it, but they did, too apparently. They know where the door to the coop is, but they chose to keep free ranging in pouring rain.

Well, being the first big rain with them out of the coop, I know what to expect next time.

The flock is drip drying in the sun at the moment. Hahaha.

We have five chicks that are about a three weeks old. We don't if they are roosters or hens but tonight at bedtime two wouldn't go in the box with momma and the others, instead they kinda rammed each other until one went into the box and the other jumped on top of the box and walked around like he was all that. My rooster then started strutting around doing his macho dance. It almost looked the chick was copying him. I'm new at raising chickens, is this normal behaviour for roosters?

I have 20 week old RSL they had some stress so waiting on them to be happy and possibly start laying...(. Cross fingers)

One of my chickens squat today she's 16 weeks. At the beginning I thought she was sick because I'm new at this and have never seen a chicken doing that . Any way I hope she lays soon . Any idea when or how long she will be squating before she lays?

Out with my chickens this morning and my 20 week old girls has gotten so friendly as of late. Started jumping in my lap and just talking away! We really been working with them. But while holding and petting her I noticed one of my older hens (australop) both her feet are swollen. Any ideas?

Can anyone help me start a thread? Trying to find out about my hens swollen legs and can't figure it out!

Look it up in the search area. There are tons of posts about swollen feet. It's possible it's a staph infection (bumble foot), in which case there is a thread on here about cutting the infection out.

Back
Top Bottom