First night to get them back in was a cluster flock, second night got them all in and just 3 ducks didn't make it through the door, third night they got lost with the ducks and I had to guide them with flashlight like a cat chasing a laser. Fourth night they have successfully gotten themselves all in and using the roosting bars I installed.
First poked my head in there and seen all the ducks and geese, but not them. Looked around and was puzzled as they follow the ducks, looked up towards the ceiling and they were at very top.

Iā€™ve heard about guineas attacking chickens when raised together. Occasionally a few of my guineas wander into where the chickens get to free roam and a small fight breaks out. Mainly itā€™s with my roo, Pastel (if you canā€™t tell with my name) and my male alpha Guinea Harry. I grab Pastel before they can hurt each other. Sometimes the hens fight. Pastel is very good with the Guinea hens though. He doesnā€™t bother them.

My guineas were crazy today. Harry was on my porch begging for food. When I did give him food he bit me. Brat.

They were by my coop all day because I got four chicks today, so they were very interested. I had to spend almost all day out with the chicks because I was worried that my broody wouldnā€™t take them. She did, by the way. They were very loud today, and very zoomy.

My Bonehead babies fight over which one of them gets to sleep on Momā€™s back!
My keets turned 1 mo old today! Hereā€™s a pic of mommy, daddy and their six little ones.
IMG_0081.jpeg

My keets turned 1 mo old today! Hereā€™s a pic of mommy, daddy and their six little ones. View attachment 3626648
Look like mine except they are 6 weeks old. Was last batch to get, batten the hatches down for the winter here to get ready takes a bit.

My home-grown keets went outside for the first time yesterday. They are 6 weeks old now but the weather has been so miserable here in the UK I didn't dare put them out any earlier as I didn't want them to get too cold... i brought my young chooks inside at night when they first started going outdoors but there's no chance of me catching these as easily so it's all or nothing šŸ˜³ Sudden improvement in temperatures so i took the opportunity to get them out before my next hatch starts. They were their usual daft selves and couldn't work out how to go to bed, even with a torch inside the house. Hopefully they will be a bit more intelligent about it today šŸ˜‚

Pretty sure Dave the lavender is a female, s/he's been quite vocal in the last 24 hours and seems to have a definite 2 syllable call. Presume that's valid at this age? the pearl one just has a scratchy losing-my-voice single call.

3 eggs in the incubator have pipped today so the madness will start again soon...

20230903_140556.jpg

Do people find that the funny coloured ones get picked on? our adults are all pearl so I'm worried about Dave integrating šŸ«£

Back
Top Bottom