What disease is this?

I don't want to sound like a total bummer here, but if due to the sneezing and breathing issues you're starting to suspect a respiratory disease, which in ducks would most likely be mycoplasma gallisepticum, I would cull these babies. Reason being I know you have other ducks, and if you somehow transmit such a disease from these ducklings to your healthy ones (and transmitting it is easy to do; you can carry it over to them on your shoes, clothes, feed scoops, feeders, waterers, even the wind could catch it and take it over to the other coops) then you have a huge problem, because once they have the disease, you can never ever ever get rid of it. They have it for life no matter what you treat them with and will pass it to every other bird they come into contact with.

What's worse is that it even can pass through the egg to the chicks, so for example a carrier hen lays an egg, you hatch that, and the baby is already a carrier.

That sucks, I’m sorry. :/ I don’t know enough about duck diseases to be of any real use to you. But I’m sorry this has been put on you, don’t give up yet, as disheartening and frustrating as this is.

Today they are better. I gave the one with the weird walk some niancin activating products.
They are very active and healthy and the sweetest. We actually woke up this morning because of weird sounds... 4 out of 5 (one is too fat, the lap-duck) had escaped their cage, stole all the cats food, and wanted to crawl in bed with us :lau

But yeah I'm quite frustrated. NEVER buy ducks from places that give you a bad feeling.

Today they are better. I gave the one with the weird walk some niancin activating products.
They are very active and healthy and the sweetest. We actually woke up this morning because of weird sounds... 4 out of 5 (one is too fat, the lap-duck) had escaped their cage, stole all the cats food, and wanted to crawl in bed with us :lau

But yeah I'm quite frustrated. NEVER buy ducks from places that give you a bad feeling.
Don’t buy any animals from any place if you get that twist in your gut! I think everyone learns that lesson the hard way sooner or later.

Glad they are doing well lol. I’m sure the cats aren’t as happy at their recovery.

I don't want to sound like a total bummer here, but if due to the sneezing and breathing issues you're starting to suspect a respiratory disease, which in ducks would most likely be mycoplasma gallisepticum, I would cull these babies. Reason being I know you have other ducks, and if you somehow transmit such a disease from these ducklings to your healthy ones (and transmitting it is easy to do; you can carry it over to them on your shoes, clothes, feed scoops, feeders, waterers, even the wind could catch it and take it over to the other coops) then you have a huge problem, because once they have the disease, you can never ever ever get rid of it. They have it for life no matter what you treat them with and will pass it to every other bird they come into contact with.

What's worse is that it even can pass through the egg to the chicks, so for example a carrier hen lays an egg, you hatch that, and the baby is already a carrier.

You are a bummer.
But a needed bummer.
I need a bummer to say the truth.

I'm not so modern in taking pictures.
Here a bad selfie how their heads look now.
F3283563-FACC-4B82-8E8E-7B34B76C7F28.JPG

What Pyxis said still sticks.
It is the logical and most healthy thing to do; If I want to breed healthy ducks.
My feelings are in the way though...
I never had such affectioned ducks. Ever. In all the ducks. And I want to breed healthy ducks with a good personality.
I think I can't cull these ones.
I could let somone else do it.
But I am doubting what is worth more; their personality will definately be a good trait. Their health not.
What to choose?

Back
Top Bottom