What disease is this?

Look way better now. While I agree breeding from poor stock will have negative effects in resulting ducks do you even know what the cause of the issue is? That is the big question. It could be a effect of poor breeding stock but is it possible for decent stock to have poor offspring if they have had below standard care? I would say yes but that's me even the best can produce poor stock sometimes it's a risk that is taken. But I would keep the lap duck LOL

I thought you said they were doing better. Maybe give them more time with some good vitamins [B Complex] and see what happens someone may just want some nice pets and they sound like they qualify for that category.

I think that is what I am going to choose.
The rest of the ducks are still not infected.
In a place where they don't have contact with other ducks (in case if it is infectious), can't reproduce, sounds better then culling.

I am also not sure if it is the washing that reduced the stuff. They are also in a stage that they get new feathers. It looks like they growed out of it instead of that my washing helped it. That cradle cap still makes sense.

The lap-duck allways had it less. Is thriving like crazy. (probably also due to all the extra snacks she is receiving for being such a good sweet duck). If she turns out to be a female I might consider to keep her and hope with a healthy drake she will not pass this on to ducklings. I keep thinking it is genetic because the severness was different with different mothers.
Greyskull (lap-duck) and Peaky binders had it less (same mom).
Duo penotti heavy.
Mr. Frank Visser and Soccerballhead had it really heavy (same mom).
They had the same father. It doesn't sound wise to keep a drake from this batch. But a female may be possible?

I think that is what I am going to choose.
The rest of the ducks are still not infected.
In a place where they don't have contact with other ducks (in case if it is infectious), can't reproduce, sounds better then culling.

I am also not sure if it is the washing that reduced the stuff. They are also in a stage that they get new feathers. It looks like they growed out of it instead of that my washing helped it. That cradle cap still makes sense.

The lap-duck allways had it less. Is thriving like crazy. (probably also due to all the extra snacks she is receiving for being such a good sweet duck). If she turns out to be a female I might consider to keep her and hope with a healthy drake she will not pass this on to ducklings. I keep thinking it is genetic because the severness was different with different mothers.
Greyskull (lap-duck) and Peaky binders had it less (same mom).
Duo penotti heavy.
Mr. Frank Visser and Soccerballhead had it really heavy (same mom).
They had the same father. It doesn't sound wise to keep a drake from this batch. But a female may be possible?

Not knowing if it’s genetic, why wouldn’t you keep them?? If you hatch a few eggs from them and the offspring have the same issue, then you’d know. But without confirmation... ? :idunno

Back
Top Bottom