What do goats eat?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rooster brandon., Mar 13, 2011.

1. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Songster

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    What do you feed goats my family found one on craigslist http://knoxville.craigslist.org/grd/2263663689.html and thats pretty cheap around here cheapest i have found is $45 dollars i know it is kinda late to ask but what do goats eat can i keep a 4 week old outside in a pen can they live with 3 ducks in a 35x45 pen! Cheapest goat we have found and its ours we just got to go get it tomorrow! ANY INFO APPREICIETED!!!!!!!!!!

2. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Oh and she said she would casterate him for free should i say yes or no? Oh and what does dehorned meen sorry i kinda new at goats...... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  3. hay, and goat feed, salt lick with iodine and copper. They are browsers, they don't eat much grass. Saplings, cedar boughs, spruce boughs. Alfalfa cubes. You should have more than one goat, they get lonely.

4. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Songster

Sep 9, 2008
    I feed my goats hay & grain..grain until they're about a year. Yep, you can keep it outside! I haven't had my goats with ducks, but I think they won't bother each other.

Quote:[​IMG]

5. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Quote:Oh and about them getting lonely does spending ALOT of time with it stop that my neighbor has 3 goats he can hang with sometime.

6. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Would farmers co-op have goat feed i guess they would.What kind for a 4 weeker

7. Well thats good. We got only one at first and all it did for a week was yell and scream for attention. They are very social.

8. d1

d1 Songster

May 9, 2009
    Saucier,Ms.
    they will eat anything they can grind between their teeth and swallow

but its better for them to eat grains and hay

9. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Songster

Sep 9, 2008
    rooster brandon. :

Oh and she said she would casterate him for free should i say yes or no? Oh and what does dehorned meen sorry i kinda new at goats...... [​IMG] [​IMG]

i'd say yes on the that, and dehorned means he won't have horns:)

10. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Oh is there ANY predator that would eat this goat we have deer,bobcats(havent seen none in a year though),foxes,racoons,oppusoms all your deadly chicken eaters could they be goat eaters do i need to build a predator proof little house for him at night he will have a place to sleep at night weather proof but not predator do i need to change it? Oh and what would be the best way to transport HIM?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: