What do I do it my hands aren’t eating oyster shells?

Should I take out what I mixed in the feeder?
Eh, as long as you didn't mix in too much I doubt there's enough in there to cause issues, so I wouldn't bother trying to sift it out.

You could also try mixing in some dried, crushed eggshell to your oyster shell container, to see if that's more tempting to your girls.

Eh, as long as you didn't mix in too much I doubt there's enough in there to cause issues, so I wouldn't bother trying to sift it out.

You could also try mixing in some dried, crushed eggshell to your oyster shell container, to see if that's more tempting to your girls.
I recommend this so much! I recently got into free feeding as well as feeding an all flock feed. The chickens dont touch the oyster shells as much as crushed egg shells. I do see them eat oyster shells, but they love egg shells. During cooler seasons, I bake egg shells I use and crush it up. I then jar it up and bring it to the chicken shed. I always like to keep some on hand. During summer, I just let it naturally dry by the window. We dont have a fly problem, so it works out great. They LOVE egg shells. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom