what do i do!?!? little kitten- *UPDATE PICS*

Quote:
Does she still need milk. If you already have 2 cats see how they react to her. If one of your cats is a female, she might just likely take the kitten as her own and come into milk. We had a .......Yes I am serious......cockapoo female, never had a litter in her life come in with milk and nurse a approx 3 week old kitten till it was time to wean. It was the most hilarious sweetest thing you could see. !!

Now that I need a picture of!
Seriously, I think you can swing this. It takes more than being fed up with the influx of animals to say no to a purring kitten. When you come home to find him goo-goo talking her, you'll know it is done.

I do have a picture but it was on an instamatic. I can upload a pic of her and of the cat lifesize now though! He turned out huge!!!!!

Our little kitten liked the calf milk replacer too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't even count how many time my DH said "you can't keep it" Yet he is tolerates my many critters, and the many I rescued and found homes for.
At that age they can eat on their own. I make a "kitty gruel" of canned food and KMR. Most pet stores have it. Goat milk may be to rich, and give her massive diarrhea.
SD..you know what you're doing. Best of luck with your DH.
Why does everyone always consider a shelter? Unless it is a no kill, chances are high that the animal will be killed if not adopted. Which is a slight chance.
Especially now with all of the foreclosures.
Shelters are swamped more than ever because of people leaving their animals.
Best of luck to you sdshoars.

Quote:
Hello! PetSmart has a kitten/cat rescue. I have found semi wild kittens and taken them to them. Good luck!
wink.png

This is a kitten I rescued from the municipality salt building.
It was a Sunday, my DH was walking the dog and heard a kitten wailing. That was about 3:00 pm. He came home, told me about it, of course I went to the police department located near the salt building. The dispatcher told me someone had reported it, and help was on the way.
I stayed, listening to the pathetic cries of this kitten, loud and intense. No sign of the mother, or help. Abandoned kitten. Two more hours pass. By this time I was ready to get a ladder and tin snips to cut through the side of the building. Go back to the dispatcher AGAIN.
Shifts changed,new person. I find out no calls were made at all!
I tell her that it is a very young kitten will not survive the night. I know most of the village employees that have a key live only a few blocks away. I was very persistent to the point that officers were called. They thought I was a nuisance.
I brought them to the building, they heard the cries.
Finally, a municipal worker showed up. He was walking on a mountain of salt, of course the kitten got quiet with instinct.
I directed him to the location of the cries. This is what he found. Took him home, was about 3 weeks old, hungry and cold. I had a great home lined up.
DH decided to keep him. This is Morton as a baby.
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd117/gabalynx/PICT10231.jpg

ok, so i get to keep the kitty!!! YAY!!! i "misdiagnosed" it yesterday morning, it was just a quick peek, but its a boy, not a girl. so if i dont have to worry about him having kittens, DH agreed he can stay. i will get him fixed with the money i make off selling eggs (IF my girls ever start laying!), but he will have to be a barn cat, not a house cat. the goats have a nice shelter with 2 feet of straw, so he will be nice and warm. he slept inside last night, and he will again tonight, its just too cold to put him out. BUT YAY!!!

OH, and i have pictures, but my work computer doesnt have a card reader, so i will have to go borrow one from another office, or wait until i get home to post them. but he is SO cute!

pictures!!! he is eating cantaloupe in the one, i thought that was odd...
chickens038.jpg

chickens054.jpg

chickens058.jpg

chickens060.jpg

doesnt he look ferocious??? he was meowing, but it looks like he is going to eat me! i think he's actually about 6-7 weeks old, i dont think he was fully weaned before i found him tho.

Back
Top Bottom