What do I do with my eggs while I sort the incubator out?

Godiva

Crowing
16 Years
May 17, 2007
Colorado
I am having trouble getting my incubator to temp. (it has been days) But now I am concerned that the eggs are too warm where they have been sitting waiting to go in the bator. (about 78 F) But I don't know if it is going to be worse to move them back to our cool house after they have been relatively warm for a few days now? I am freaking out here! I have 50 beautiful eggs that I have been waiting so long for and now the *jdmsiemwasddcc* incubator is not co-operating!!!!!

Have you called GQF? I had troubles with one of my 1588's and called and he walked me through reprogramming the thing. I don't think they are open today but first thing tomorrow call ASAP. I would say keep the eggs where they are right now.

If it was me I think I would leave them where they are and not cool them down. I don't know if that is right but it seems that changing temp to many times would not be good for them.

As to the incubator are you sure the thermometer you are using is not the problem? Do you know anyone who can loan you an incubator or possibly someone on the board could take some of the eggs to incubate for you. It might also be a faulty wafer, if you are using that type of incubator. You can buy new Wafers but shipping will take time. Sorry I can't be more help.

Thanks, I tried to call them but they are closed Saturdays (which was when I realised that I have a problem) I will call them first thing in the morning!!!! This has been reallly stressful .... I am going to leave the eggs there for now and just pray that it is going to work out! I have 16 welsummer eggs that I have been itching to hatch and I was so pleased that they shipped so quickly etc and now I have a whole weekend of messing with a cranky incubator
barnie.gif
I have been using two different thermometers and they are both brand new and they are both reading the same thing. One is a digital and the other is a flukers dial thermometer. I don't know of anyone close by ...

Back
Top Bottom