what do i do with the real eggs until the hen goes broody????????

i'm 12 and i hatched chicks in an incubator august 21, 2011.i know almost anything about chickens when y dad said he might be getting eggs and i did all the research i needed. I couldn't wait to get the eggs and when we got them i was so happy and when they hatched all i did all day was play with them (no joke) so now i am hatching more in an incubator with the hens that we have since my hen wont go broody
sad.png
......so what i am planning on doing is once they hatch put them with a hen that i think will adopt them and put them in their own cage with everything they need.....i am so exited that i don't know what to do....lol......so i have 3 eggs in the incubator now so the questions is, is when i put more in the incubator will they hatch on different day or will they star to produce when all the eggs are in the incubator???????

i'm 12 and i hatched chicks in an incubator august 21, 2011.i know almost anything about chickens when y dad said he might be getting eggs and i did all the research i needed. I couldn't wait to get the eggs and when we got them i was so happy and when they hatched all i did all day was play with them (no joke) so now i am hatching more in an incubator with the hens that we have since my hen wont go broody
sad.png
......so what i am planning on doing is once they hatch put them with a hen that i think will adopt them and put them in their own cage with everything they need.....i am so exited that i don't know what to do....lol......so i have 3 eggs in the incubator now so the questions is, is when i put more in the incubator will they hatch on different day or will they star to produce when all the eggs are in the incubator???????

chickenobsessed, I'm really happy for you. Make sure you watch your adoptive momma chicken, I have heard they will not take babies if they don't want them. Be ready with a backup plan, look into brooders you could use in case she does not want them.

Back
Top Bottom