WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!!!

There is a fine line between lack of knowledge and mistreatment. Listen to buff goose guy. He is trying to help you and assure the survival of the ducklings.

A duckling requires more heat than 17c. It needs to be about 80F to 90F the first few days to a week then you need to begin dropping the temperature . Which is why you need a heat source and the exposed to elements part still stands because natural temperature is never constant and the fluctuation temperature can cause problems. Even though you don't have racoons you are still not out of the woods a predator can still get to them unless you have this top locked on there where a fox couldn't climb on it or scratch or bite it and break it.

Last edited:
Maybe its because I'm quite honestly obsessed but I read anything i could get my hands on for months and months before bringing the babies home. I asked a million questions and had their brooder in my SPARE BEDROOM ready to go. That is not enough protection for them at all. They need to be under a heat lamp in a clean, big brooder so they can run and play when older but still too young to be outside. Listen to Goose Guy, do some research and get your head out of the clouds.

Back
Top Bottom