Pics
No, what I meant is they coat the pellets in something to keep them in the pelleted shape, and that coating makes it hard for them to digest. Also, I really wouldn't recommend feeding rabbit pellets. Maybe a few as a treat, but think about it, chickens don't gorge themselves on timothy or alfalfa, and that's what the pellets are made from. They are grazing animals, they are foragers. They just peck and bugs and small stones and only nibble at plant matter.
They for sure are getting a balanced complete diet...unlike whats happening to your birds (most likely) who get to pick and choose.
I didn’t question your chickens diet, I simply shared mine. I’m glad your flock is fed well, I too feed my flock a balanced are nutritious diet. It may not look identical to what you do, but we all do things differently, and that’s is ok as long as the animals are being cared for and kept healthy and happy, and mine are 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼.

Branching conversations are fine. People learn new things. Also, it's important to address misinformation so it doesn't keep spreading. Eating your own kind doesn't spread genetic diseases. Emphasis on genetic. That's just not how they are passed down. Different things are being lumped together here - genetic, prion, infectious diseases, etc. It's not all the same thing. "Parents said that" is not a convincing argument, whatever their degree. Both of my parents have medical degrees, and you have no idea the BS they believe in and spread regardless.

Not really. The people I got my phoenixes from used 24% protein often, and even added anchovies occasionally before their shows for the fish oil and fat. Made their tails so nice and healthy looking
For show birds that sounds right. Fish oil? That’s interesting. That’s good to know! Thank you 🙏🏼 😊

Yeah, you won't believe though how bad their eggs taste while those were being fed though. I imagine similar to caviar.
Now that would make those eggs worth high dollars to some folks who don’t know any better and who could be talked into thinking my eggs are better than yours because they are show birds eating show feed tasting like caviar darling....Lol!

Now that would make those eggs worth high dollars to some folks who don’t know any better and who could be talked into thinking my eggs are better than yours because they are show birds eating show feed tasting like caviar darling....Lol!
We just let the hen sit in the rest of the eggs. We didn't even bother collecting them. We don't show professionally so they get 22% instead and no fish since it does help their tails grow fastee, longer and stronger

Back
Top Bottom