What Do I Need To Raise 28 New Chicks

You’ll need:
A brooder, we just use a large storage bin but for 28 I recommend 2 or 3 storage bins. We cut a huge hole in the covers and then cover the holes with fencing
A heat source, we use eco glow/pioneers production (I think?) heaters but heat lamps work too.
Chick Feed
Chick Grit
Waters
Feeders
Bedding, I recommend pine shavings
Also I’d have a coop plan in mind and start building one when they’re babies so then it’s ready when their adults! I think that’s all! Good luck!! 😁

Well, what supplies do you have so far?
I use a large carboard box from the hardware store.
I would recomend building your coop first, because those chicks are going to grow so fast and be ready for the coop in about 2 to 3 weeks.
Chick feed crumbles
Chick water
electrolites and chick vitamins for the first few days
Pine shavings
Heat lamp or brooder plate to keep them warm.
As your chicks grow put together a first aid kit fo them.
It might help to know what kind of chickens you are getting, meat birds, egg layers, bantams....

One that they haven't suggested isn't really need but I've found it to be a big help. Dried Mealworms are a great treat and also a great way to get them around. And by the way welcome to byc.:welcome:frow

Thank You, I am Getting All The Chickens And Turkeys Below I Am Using A 100 Gallon Rubbermaid Livestock Tank And Have Everything You Guys Listed Exept Chick Grit Do I Need Chick Grit?
Screenshot 2020-04-05 at 8.08.37 PM.png

Well, what supplies do you have so far?
I use a large carboard box from the hardware store.
I would recomend building your coop first, because those chicks are going to grow so fast and be ready for the coop in about 2 to 3 weeks.
Chick feed crumbles
Chick water
electrolites and chick vitamins for the first few days
Pine shavings
Heat lamp or brooder plate to keep them warm.
As your chicks grow put together a first aid kit fo them.
It might help to know what kind of chickens you are getting, meat birds, egg layers, bantams....
What Should I Put In The First Aid Kit

Thank You, I am Getting All The Chickens And Turkeys Below I Am Using A 100 Gallon Rubbermaid Livestock Tank And Have Everything You Guys Listed Exept Chick Grit Do I Need Chick Grit?View attachment 2078120
I recommend chick grit to prevent issues with sour crop and to also help them with digesting food! I know I haven’t used chick grit before on some chicks and they were fine but it’s best to have it for them so if they need it they can have it!

Back
Top Bottom