What do i use to easily and naturally clear a ducks muddy pond

Sdsawyer

Hatching
Jun 30, 2023
Mississippi
I have a small man dug pond that my ducks swim in but it stays muddy what can I use to easily clear the mud up that is easily accessible and fairly cheap?
Also how big does the pond need to be to keep fish alive enough for the ducks without having to have an air filter thing?

Nothing.

Not very big.

I suggest you look into aquaculture. Not because you should necessarily engage in aquaculture, but because it will show you how a solar panel, a battery, a DC powered pump with a filter, a pair of 55 gallon food grade barrels (or even 27 gallon storage totes) and some physics will allow you to make a pretty effective system that aerates your pond, filters out sediment, and can be used to support fist or plant life, or both.

Or you can look into bog filters, which take a good bit more space - and will once again require a pump and a way to power it. Note that if you don't need/want fish, you don't need to airate 24/7, meaning you can skip the battery (an expensive part of the assembly).

Nothing.

Not very big.

I suggest you look into aquaculture. Not because you should necessarily engage in aquaculture, but because it will show you how a solar panel, a battery, a DC powered pump with a filter, a pair of 55 gallon food grade barrels (or even 27 gallon storage totes) and some physics will allow you to make a pretty effective system that aerates your pond, filters out sediment, and can be used to support fist or plant life, or both.

Or you can look into bog filters, which take a good bit more space - and will once again require a pump and a way to power it. Note that if you don't need/want fish, you don't need to airate 24/7, meaning you can skip the battery (an expensive part of the assembly).
I was trying to stay away from the pumps everyone I have seen tend to be expensive but it may have to come to that my mom was talking about getting like Lilly pads and certain fish

Be aware that some of the fish recommended for things like this are invasive species in many places. Including the sterile hybrids. They turned out to not be as completely sterile as people thought they were.

How many gallons is it? LengthxWidthxAverage depthx7.5=gallons

You can probably just aerate it. Or use an air powered filter. If you are just keeping fish like rosy red minnows that's all that'd be required if you have enough volume. But if it's big enough you don't have to do anything.

Back
Top Bottom