What Do You All Do With Your Roos?

Quote:
NOOO!!!
gig.gif
I try not to even mention being a vegetarian AND a Buddhist in the same conversation, ha ha! It's bad enough they don't understand why I don't eat meat, but telling them I'm Buddhist would REALLY convince them I'm whacked. I live in a very small, very traditional, back woods, Christian kind of town. The FEW times I've mentioned being Buddhist, I've found a LOT of ignorance about that too. People think I worship "a God named Buddha", they think it's some middle-eastern thing and freak out, some have even said crazy things like "Isn't that what those terrorists are?!?" You wouldn't believe it. And of course no one ever takes the time to want to understand it either, so I pretty much keep that one on the down-low around here. Only my closest friends and family know I'm Buddhist, and quite honestly, I don't think they have a clue about what that means, but fortunately, they love and accept me "anyway"....
roll.png

Quote:
You would THINK so, but note my above sentence about living in the back woods.... people hear the Silkie roo has black skin and that makes them want to BBQ it even more, just for giggles.

Quote:
I haven't really looked into the humane society, since I decided to just keep the one roo I have, not a big deal. But I am a member of Farm Sanctuary, which has a fantastic farm in upstate NY where I've done some volunteer work. I think if I were in a real bind, I would probably turn to them. But as I said, I am at peace with having the one roo, not thrilled with it, but this is his home and he likes it. I think I will just avoid the possibility of roos in the future by not getting chicks again. Maybe adopt some adult rescued battery hens from a sanctuary or something like that.
smile.png

I would love to learn more, I know that in the post we can't but if you feel okay I would love for you to PM me because I really would like to hear more about being a Buddhist. I love learning about others beliefs. If you want to please PM me. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom