1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What do you call the color of this spot on Lisyla's head?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by araucanasmom, Apr 18, 2012.

1. araucanasmom

araucanasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2008
    Southern NJ
    She surprised us when she started getting colored feathers on her head, we thought she was going to be pure white. The tips of the feathers look tan and the lower part looks blue.

[​IMG]

2. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Not sure of the color but she is cute. My muscovy tended to change color a bit as they grew. She could get a bit more coloring on her. It might end up being barring on her head.

3. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    My hens did that...

Here i'll show you a group(flock? lol) shot... Ok the hens are to the farthest left(outside of pen, the girls in the pens don't have that) ... see the heads? This was in Oct of last fall... so they were 5mths old...

[​IMG]

and here is one of those hens this year... the head has still held onto the colouring.. they are 1yo just a few days into May. Hen to the left.. the other one is Dusty lol she has no markings on her head.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    What a pretty girl, and yes they change so much it's amazing. with each small molt till they get their adult feathers theres change.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by