What do you do during the winter?

ZoeS95423

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Okay, So I live in Northern Ny, where the winters can be pretty cold, and harsh. I am wondering what everyone does during the winter. I know alot of people let their ducks out, I am sure my ducks would go nuts if I didnt let them out. What do I do if its like negative 20 out? Or negative anything really. Also, how do I keep them away from the pond, in fear the ice may break if they go on it? What do you guys all do during the winter?

hmm we don't have a pond so i cannot advise on that. As for the cold, I'm in Canada
big_smile.png
I plan to just open the duck barn and let them decide.. if they come out and go omg.. and run back in i'll gather they don't want to be out
lol.png
I feel most animals when provided with a choice and adequate shelter are good at judging whether they want out or not.

This.is my very first year with ducks, I plan on doing the same thing as going quackers. But I am prob. Going to fence of my pond. Just for there safety. I live in east tn and last year was pretty cold for the south hope you can make a plan.

Back
Top Bottom