What do you do for a living? Anyone work w/animals for a job???

Coco

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 18, 2008
What does everyone do for a living on this board??? Just curious.

I am a pet sitter (of course since I am a huge animal lover) and although I wish it paid more (with gas prices that kind of puts a dent in it in a major way) it's a fun job to have. I wouldnt call it a "career" as I dont make enough to live off of, just a little extra income to help my husband and I out every month (that and pay for our 4 dogs, 7 horses and 2 Pygmy goats) I would LOVE to find an outdoor, busy job associated with animals in some way, something that might pay better. Anyone do anything like that??? Regardless if you do or don't...I would love to hear more about you guys do!

I am an Adminstrative Services Officer for the county juvenile department. I work with processing warrants & paperwork on truant kids as well as processing paperwork for dependency cases.

In my spare time, I train horses (which is what my Bachelor of Science degree is in--equitation & training) and enjoy my chickens, garden, photography & creating equine artwork.

i get s.s.i disabilty and am a stay at home dad..my wife is a control room sergant at the prison and she works the midnight shift so it all works at great
smile.png

I am an instructional aide and work one on one with a 6th grade special student. I worked as a vet tech for three years about 20 years ago.

I'm currently a domestic goddess. I've spent the past 10 years home raising my kids. I worked as a nurse in the past and for a vet for several years. Trying to decide what to do job wise once my little guy starts Kinder this Fall.

I am a k-12 art teacher. Sometimes, especially being so close to the end of the school year, the kids are like monkeys. I feel like a zookeeper!

I am a high school art teacher. My previous career was working in the garment industry in NYC.

Hey Coco! I am a pet groomer and dog trainer...been doing this for 25 years. Love my job! I also board and do doggie daycare at my house.
You could always get a job as a Vetrinary assistant or kennel tech. Boarding kennels always need dog walkers. Just a thought.
Good luck!
big_smile.png

When I was in the USAF, I was an Explosive Detector Dog Handler..LOVED IT! Then got out and worked at various shelters and vet offices...currently a 'domestic goddess' (thanx AussieSharon for that term
wink.png
) and have several dogs and lotsa chickens!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom