What do you do for a living?

I'm an English teacher, and DH is The county chief deputy. We started with 6 buff Orpington's last spring and have added a variety to the herd. I sell the eggs to friends, and just love the hens! I too never realized how fun, relaxing, and entertaining hens could be; boy others are missing out. We have 2 horses and 9 dairy goats. Our daughter recently had a pig as a 4-h project, and that was fun too!!! I would love love love to retire and sell eggs, but not seeing that happen.

@DONDChick maybe if you sells eggs, fertile hatching eggs, chicks, and chickens =)

I am an administrative assistant at a Technology firm, I am also working on a degree in Marketing. Between work, school, and my little slice of paradise I try to fit in some fitness. 90% of my free time revolves around my home and animals. :)

My husband and I farm full time on 150 owned acres... and rent another 300. We grow corn/soybeans/wheat/hay. Roughly 100 acres of each.

We have 40 beef cows... that are gearing up to calve.. starting mid-April. We also have their 40 yearlings from last year. We finish the calves to market weight.

We also have 4 horses (don't know what we are going to do about that.... last child just left home... bought a house, with her fiance.. they are only 22 years old)!!!!!!!!!!!!, a dog, 3 barn cats, 2 house cats, 6 dwarf rabbits, and 2 goldfish.

Then the poultry. I am just getting into the heritage breeds, have Black Jersey Giants, Barred Rocks, RIR, EO's, and French Black Coppered Marans.

Various coloured guinea fowl... and Royal Palm Turkeys... and Red Pencilled Palms.

I drive a school bus, and my husband drives a snow plow for the town during the winter. His last day is April 11th.... and this winter has been the winter from hell. When hes not home.... its up to me to look after everyone on the farm.

So... according to my non farming friends, I really don't have a job.. cause I am home the most part of the day! LOL.

So... according to my non farming friends, I really don't have a job.. cause I am home the most part of the day!  LOL.

Right because running a farm is like raising a job. It's a vacation, not a job in the least, LOL!!!!!!!
Sorry I just found that terribly funny.

I am a forklift operator for a manufacturing company and the spouse is a truck driver. I currently have 27 chicks that I'm raising, a calf, 4 hens, 3 Roos (2 of which I have to cull), 1 dog, a 17 yr old, and a 3 yr old.
Yep I'm busy.

Back
Top Bottom